• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Had my appendix removed this morning. Everything is going great. First time under general anesthesia, and I'm not a big fan of that.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I woke up feeling like I didn't exist, and that what I was experiencing was some sort of dream. As I came to a little more I got pretty angry, and I kept apologizing to the staff, because I had no idea if I was letting it show or not. I don't remember snapping at anyone. After that I just tried to wake up as quickly as I could and now things are going well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Glad it went well!

My first time under GA, when I almost cut my finger off, was the best sleep I'd had in weeks! :D
    The second time was by a different anesthesiologist...I like the first one better.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I had mine taken out a few years ago. Not the worst experience I've ever had but not really pleasant either. Mine was close to gangrenous so they left a drain tube inside. About 48 hours later they pulled the tube out with no pain medication and that was a new level of ouch. :):

Glad to hear you made it through ok. The world needs good people like you Woobie. :yesway:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Glad it went well!

My first time under GA, when I almost cut my finger off, was the best sleep I'd had in weeks! :D
    The second time was by a different anesthesiologist...I like the first one better.

This anesthesiologist put in a nerve block to minimize the narcotics, which I appreciate. I've never had anything stronger than a Vicodin. I don't like feeling out of control, if you will.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What's not to like.
    anastasia_by_toshia_san-d9lt7ff.png

Glad you are doing OK.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I had mine taken out a few years ago. Not the worst experience I've ever had but not really pleasant either. Mine was close to gangrenous so they left a drain tube inside. About 48 hours later they pulled the tube out with no pain medication and that was a new level of ouch. :):

Glad to hear you made it through ok. The world needs good people like you Woobie. :yesway:

Yeah, all in all it hasn't been bad at all. Sounds like mine isn't as bad as yours was. No drsin tube, for which I am now thankful, thanks to your description.

And thanks. Though I question your judgement. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This anesthesiologist put in a nerve block to minimize the narcotics, which I appreciate. I've never had anything stronger than a Vicodin. I don't like feeling out of control, if you will.

Heh! Yeah, the second guy did that too, up at my shoulder. My arm was like a wet noodle for the rest of the day. That was weird.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Had mine taken out 25yrs ago on christmas eve. I discharged home on christmas morning around 10am and headed to grandmas house. Pretty sore though

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Had mine taken out 25yrs ago on christmas eve. I discharged home on christmas morning around 10am and headed to grandmas house. Pretty sore though

I'll likely be getting out tomorrow. I was supposed to do some termite work next week, but they're gonna give me a grunt, and I'll just point. Now I just gotta make sure SWMBO doesn't get irritated seeing me lie around a lot.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, now you have to put all your supplementary information into the body of the text.

General anesthesia has started making me hallucinate for days after. Last time I came out from it I was in a foul mood, referring to the medical personnel as peasants, and threatening beheadings and burnings at the stake. I kept thinking they'd set my legs up with remote control and replaced them with wheels. I can't even describe what I thought they'd done to my digestive plumbing.

Top Bottom