• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I finally replaced our kitchen faucet. Problem is the connectors are of different ends. Do I cut the main line connector and replace with a compatible end to the faucet line?

WP_20180224_23_20_41_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’d just get a new set of hoses. Those should have a nut on the other end you can unthread and remove it. Trip to Lowe’s/Menard’s/whatever for the right hoses.

Edit: the hose on the bottom will unscrew from the other end. New line from the faucet goes where that one comes off. If it’s too short or has the wrong thread size, get new hoses.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you can get different hoses, or adapters.

and you need to smack who ever put pipe dope on that old fitting.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Thanks. The problem is the main line hose came with the house build. Also I can't just unscrew the main line hose, the line is crimped. So I can't just replace the line. Sucks though.
    Yeah, I'd like to smack whoever thought this was a good idea. So my other option is just to cut the end and attached a connector. Would that work?

WP_20180225_00_33_25_Pro.jpg

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    If I were you, I would cut those plastic valves off and solder proper valves in their place, then you could use standard hoses.

Unfortunately, I don't have the tools for that nor the soldering skills. Also this was my first time replacing a faucet. It's a ***** to remove the old one. I hope to find a connector at Lowes.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Unfortunately, I don't have the tools for that nor the soldering skills. Also this was my first time replacing a faucet. It's a ***** to remove the old one. I hope to find a connector at Lowes.

I would cut off the plastic valves as was previously mentioned and replace them with a SharkBite valve. They literally push on with hand pressure, and they work! You can find them at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Here is a video that shows how easy it is, you will just need to find the correct size and type of valve for your application:

SharkBite Brass Ball Valve

edit: looks like Rookie had the same idea while I was searching for the right video. 13 minutes I will never get back. :)

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Op you are after a supply stop that is compression. If that copper line is 1/2", then you want 1/2" compression by 3/8"(your new faucet line).

Supply stop 1/2" x 3/8" compression. Note box may read 5/8" O.D.

IMG_4683.JPG

Last edited:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can also just use a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch adapters to connect the idiot builder valve to the new faucet. That was my solution. Lots of extra water line under the sink but I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom