• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    wow!!! Looks like the daughter was real close Tom ventilating momma when they were wrestling for the gun! Good on them for not just sitting back and allowing this to happen!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Saw a longer video of this, glad the two ladies got through it ok. Good argument for on body carry and not letting the threat close the distance. I’ll see if I can find the link.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    That video is really something. Good on them for putting up such a fight. I would hope that the ladies (and gents for that matter) in my family would do the same. :yesway:

Edit: Agreed that skills were lacking but turned out ok in the end.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Saw a longer video of this, glad the two ladies got through it ok. Good argument for on body carry and not letting the threat close the distance. I’ll see if I can find the link.
    I think this one has the hole thing.

[video=youtube_share;8GqwsY5AZE4]http://youtu.be/8GqwsY5AZE4[/video]

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    That mad dog animal was driven to do harm. He took some rounds as well.

Big guns people. Bigger guns.

Bigger guns certainly wouldn't hurt but some training and practice might have turned the tide also.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They talked about this on Live PD last night too. Scary for sure. Should of kept shooting till that guy wasn't moving anymore. Mom got way to close to him and he took her gun. Lucky they're both alive today!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bigger guns certainly wouldn't hurt but some training and practice might have turned the tide also.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][COLOR=darkorange][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT="]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Agreed. Totally.
    My SIL has finally come to want a hand gun. I will be getting her dialed in as soon as she has the time to spend a day at the range. She wants a revolver. 5 shot easy to conceal. I believe the one in the video is the same thing. It was empty when the animal wrested it from Moms hands or he would have shot the daughter when he reached across the counter with it. It does look like he cycled the trigger. I am trying to get her interested in a 9mm with more capacity.
    How many rounds did that A$$ munch take. I think at least 4.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    He took four rounds did all that fighting and checked himself into the ER!
    Police think he is responsible for several “shotgun”robberies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    They talked about this on Live PD last night too. Scary for sure. Should of kept shooting till that guy wasn't moving anymore. Mom got way to close to him and he took her gun. Lucky they're both alive today!

Very lucky. I think we need better trained criminals. They're giving bad people a bad name.
    He deserved to be shot on so many levels.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Shooting and checking your work will get ya killed. They kinda was in freeze mode when he didnt go poof after being shot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Daughter had a ZZ Top shirt on...wonder if they were playing Gun Love on the shop stereo.

And as they said in the Rutger Hauer movie Split Second...we need bigger guns...big freaking guns...(and coffee and chocolate).

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Shooting and checking your work will get ya killed. They kinda was in freeze mode when he didnt go poof after being shot.

Yeah, with that shotgun they needed to keep shooting until after the perp was down and given a reasonable time to cool off. Reload and repeat until you're sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She spent her 5. Doubt there was any more ammo in reach. Daughter (not really sure what that little fart gun was) had more opportunity to get rounds on him but seemed to freeze when he kept coming. Did her gun fail...???

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Hard to tell exactly what went on in the video. It does appear that they somewhat froze after each shot. Shoot until you stop the threat, until they are no longer in your sight picture. Again some training would have helped but I've never been in the situation and they did manage to escape with their lives and without their bravery and determination one or both may have not have survived.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom