• ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Man armed with AR-15 stops attack by neighbor in Oswego | WGN-TV

"I poked my head out the door. There was a pool of blood, blood was everywhere in the hall. There was still a confrontation going on, there were about three or four people involved at this point," Thomas said. "So I ran back into my house and grabbed my AR-15. I grabbed the AR-15 over my handgun -- bigger gun, I think a little more of an intimidation factor. Definitely played a part in him actually stopping."

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The liberals would hang him. How dare he think he has the right to interfere with a criminal whilst engaging in criminal activity, let alone with a gun?!?! What about the criminal’s rights to do whatever he wants?

I wish purple was appropriate here but it isn’t.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    While I don't agree with using such weapon as home defense, good job GGWG.

Light .223/5.56 bullets tend to not over penetrate through interior walls like handgun bullets do.

I personally don't use an AR for in-home work because of the noise. I cannot yet afford a suppressor...or SBR...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think you might be the victim of misinformation. A 5.56/.223 is an ideal home defense weapon

I agree that an AR15 type rifle (I would suggest an "M4gery" more than a full length 20" barrel AR15) IS a good home defense rifle.

But personally I prefer a handgun, because it's more maneuverable in close quarters with less chance of getting into a "wrestling match" if surprised by an intruder.
    PLUS, a handgun is best against the worst case where the intruder makes it into my bedroom.
    It's under my pillow and is QUICKER to be brought into action than an "M4gery".

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I agree that an AR15 type rifle (I would suggest an "M4gery" more than a full length 20" barrel AR15) IS a good home defense rifle.

But personally I prefer a handgun, because it's more maneuverable in close quarters with less chance of getting into a "wrestling match" if surprised by an intruder.
    PLUS, a handgun is best against the worst case where the intruder makes it into my bedroom.
    It's under my pillow and is QUICKER to be brought into action than an "M4gery".

Those are factors you use to determine what is best in the situation you're given. If someone makes it in my bedroom with initiative, they get a 1911 in the face. If I've been awakened and have initiative, I have an M4gery handy. Either or both will have a can on it, and I'm going to be filing form 1s for a couple of SBRs. I'll probably use the 300.

Top Bottom