• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Not the cannibal type, but employment ones. Anyone ever use one? Have recommendations?

I am needing to start looking for a new position. I have such a wide, varied background that I struggle to even know where to look for work. Over the past several years I have tried to reduce my internet footprint, yet so many things happen now with Linkedin and other sites that I am at a severe disadvantage. Headhunters see things differently and know of options that mere working stiffs like myself won't ever find.

Sigh.

Thanks

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No advice for finding one, but make sure the info on your resume is correct.;)

About a month ago, I start getting a bunch of calls on my cell phone. Not numbers I recognize, so I decline them. Then my voicemail box starts filling up. I have all these messages from headhunters and recruiters for "Alex" about IT jobs. I am not named Alex and don't do IT.:rolleyes:

I deleted the first batch. But then another round of calls begins. I start answering the calls, explaining that I'm NOT Alex, I don't work IT, and though Alex sounds like a stellar candidate, his attention to detail seems to be lacking since he gave you MY phone number instead of his.

Most hung up on me. Only one took the time to dig into things and discovered that "Alex" had a typo on his resume. He transposed 2 digits of his phone number.

If I could remember which one she was, I'd send you her number.:D

The calls finally stopped when somebody called about Alex's offer letter. I again informed them I'm NOT Alex, explained the transposed digits...

I guess he took the job.:dunno:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    This is MRockwell's wife responding because he thought I could provide some advice. I'm not sure how much i can proved so i hope this helps.

1) On your linkedin account you need to make sure your profile is update with experience that relates to the job you want. You want it to have key words that search bots will identify with job postings. There are also services that can help you with your online presence.
    2)Get the paid LinkedIn account and start using the job search. When you find a job you are interested in, apply for it, then reach out to the listed hiring recruiter. This is a good way to start networking because even if you are not a fit for the current posting they may have another posting you might be right for.
    3) The most important thing is you need to identify what you want to do for your next job. The more focused you can make it the easier it will be for a recruiter to help you.

I'm not a recruiter and this is based on personal experience.

I hope this helps.
    Mrs. MRockwell

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    The headhunters in Louisville were usually down on 7th street back in the 1980's except around Derby time when they would stand on the corner downtown by the Galt House and the Brown...

Oh wait...Never mind....
    I always thought they were down at Dumas Walker's....
    With a slaw burger and bottle of ski.

Top Bottom