• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just wondering how much weight reviews carry on the web? We recently had a bad experience with a local car dealer, so I was wondering if lighting them up on reviews on sites like Yelp would do any good. Normally I don't do much with reviews a d such other than to let someone know how much I appreciate good service.

I am not going to state anything that I can not back up with facts.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I look at negative reviews, I look for a common theme.
    If a wide range of people have the same complaint it adds credibility.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Youtube South Park Yelper Special

That's getting to the point of how I approach most online reviews for anything now

Yes some things have problems and some companies do suck, but there's way too many people who complain because they can complain and they were never smart enough to use what they bought

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I look for a statistically significant # of reviews. I look for reviews that are obvious plants. To me it's far more art than science, I'm looking at the overall body of available info and seeing what the general feeling is.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    If it for services, like at a car repair shop or restaurant, etc., I look for a common complaint that is specific. If it is for goods purchased I ignore the ones like "Hey I just bought this gizmo and it's the best one out there". Instead I look for reviews that state that they have had the item for awhile and how well it has performed over a longer period of time. I can't believe how many of the reviews on Amaz... are five star and they just got the item that same day.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    My wife and i both use reviews before we purchase, but you have to look for a pattern of the good and bad issues. Also as to your problem you might be able to file with the state and better business bureau also. I just had to file with the state about a issue with auto insurance and the insurance company made everything good!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    When I look at negative reviews, I look for a common theme.
    If a wide range of people have the same complaint it adds credibility.

Pretty much this. One bad review here or there isn't something I'll be overly concerned with. However if there is a common theme they get my attention. Therefore I wouldn't be afraid to leave the review if you feel like you should. Having a bunch of people stay quiet about it won't help if there's an issue. And at the same time if they had a bad day it'll come through and if people are having a similar experience to yours enough I think that will too. I'd not be afraid to leave it if it was that bad.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    A local car dealer I've been going to for 30+ years, did a poor customer service interaction when I picked up a car that was repaired. The repair was perfect, the customer interaction was lacking. I mentioned it on a Google review. The manager of the shop called me in two hours after posting the review and I explained what had happened. He was very apologetic and offered me free car washes to make up for it. Like I said the repair was perfect, the person at the counter, not so much. But they obviously cared about the review. They still have my business.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Funny after I sent a very concise email requesting their attorneys information, and a follow call to his attorney, now they want to ensure we are satisfied. Funny how that works, I suspect his attorney set him straight.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I read them but like most others you need to figure out the reviews that are worth reading. I hate when people give lower ratings because shipping was delayed by the carrier or something to that nature.

Top Bottom