• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I just seen something on Live PD that amazed me. That K9 cop let his dog go on it's own to bring down a runner, the cop was alone and had 2 guys bail on him. He took 1 down and let the dog go after the other, the handler lost sight of his dog as the dog chased the guy into some woods. The handler could hear the dog whimpering....so he made the subject in custody run with him and they found the dog. That dog had the 2nd guy, or the guy had the dog. That guy had grabbed the K9 by the collar and the dog couldn't do anything. I expected the guy to be torn up, but he didn't get a scratch. I was surprised he was able to do that and kind of shocked they showed it on TV. That dog was stuck and very vulnerable, easy way to get em shot or stabbed....can a K9 go without a collar or is it mandatory?

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Actually they reported that the guy had been bitten on his arm and leg. He was in pain when the second cop tried to help him up.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Actually they reported that the guy had been bitten on his arm and leg. He was in pain when the second cop tried to help him up.

I must have missed that part. I didn't see no blood, which shocked me. I expected him to look like he had been in a fight with razor wire. I would have never thought you could grab and control that dog that way. Guess it's like grabbing a snake or snapping turtle though. Wonder why the dog let up when he bit? That cop was about to beat that guys behind for messing with his dog.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    not sure if mandatory but they have to hold the dog back before sending it in somehow. Most dogs are pretty hyped up would be pretty hard to hold him back by the nape of his neck.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Old friend of mine told me if you ever get in a fight witha dog to grab both front legs and pull em apart like you would opening a turkey...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Old friend of mine told me if you ever get in a fight witha dog to grab both front legs and pull em apart like you would opening a turkey...

Depending on the size of the dog, wouldn't that put your face and neck pretty close to it's mouth?

I've been attacked by sizable dogs twice (Akita first time, Pit the second time). Both times I gave up my left forearm, then lifted the dog, then attacked it's undercarriage. The first one, that was enough. The second one detached, came back again, and got shot.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't take chances with dogs in any kind of attack mode. Here in the GSF if it's after me it gets shot, otherwise I leave them alone.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You know it's not really "live" right?

I think some of it is live, or pretty close to it. I have watched weather, lighting and other stuff...including a bank sign flashing the time. Last week I thought that cop was gonna shoot a guy on TV, then that cop was the in studio guest last night, someone asked how close he was to shooting the guy and he said as close as he has ever been, seconds away from shooting because he couldn't tell what was in the guys hand....think it was a flashlight or cell phone. In another episode there was a pig walking down the road as they were chasing a guy....then a few minutes later someone showed up to get the pig and said they seen it on TV while watching LivePD....so it must be somewhat real time.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Depending on the size of the dog, wouldn't that put your face and neck pretty close to it's mouth?

I've been attacked by sizable dogs twice (Akita first time, Pit the second time). Both times I gave up my left forearm, then lifted the dog, then attacked it's undercarriage. The first one, that was enough. The second one detached, came back again, and got shot.

Was told this by a former IPD officer... Think he was active late 90's early '00s... I can see your point but i can see many ways in which one would be at the dogs level too. Either way i hope we/i never have to experience this.

Top Bottom