• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    syITdei.jpg

I'm not a big Chevy fan, but I like retro stuff. This is kinda cool, for those who liked the old 1970's Cheyenne pickups:

Break out the bell bottoms because a Chevrolet dealer resurrected the 1970s Cheyenne Super 10 | Fox News

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I kind of like it. A buddy of mine had a 3/4 ton, long box (but 2wd), blue and white back in the day. I was always jealous of that truck.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No S#!@..... and it's tough to find a basic 4wd.... they all have to have back up cameras, electronic crap all over, etc. etc etc.

Chevy has a Work Truck (W/T) version they sell that has many of those features deleted. Problem is though, judging by the number of $50K-65K trucks I've seen on the lots and my work's parking lot, not many people want them. Even the W/T versions can be optioned up to be quite costly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would love to own a new Chevy truck.
    I would not love to pay it off.

No kidding. Mine is getting on up there and time's approaching where it's going to be need replacing. Problem is even the used ones are still quite expensive. My wife has a heart attack everytime she looks at the stickers. (But she barely flinches when I point out the cost of that Acadia she wants---wonder why?)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No kidding. Mine is getting on up there and time's approaching where it's going to be need replacing. Problem is even the used ones are still quite expensive. My wife has a heart attack everytime she looks at the stickers. (But she barely flinches when I point out the cost of that Acadia she wants---wonder why?)

My 04 Sierra is still viable. 138K on it and very well maintained. We work it and it shows but I can see no reason beyond drooling over the new ones to replace it........Yet.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have no intention of going gasoline again, but I don't like the new trucks. I'd like to sell my '02 eventually, get an '06 and just make it last.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The price of "newer" used trucks is why I bought a cheap '96 and decided that I would put money into it when I can afford it. I cant see dropping 15K+ on a used truck. I had to put a motor in it but it's all paid for. I hate vehicle payments or even borrowing on a vehicle. I haven't had a car payment since the early 2000's.

IF I had the money i would buy one those Cheyenne Super 10's :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My 04 Sierra is still viable. 138K on it and very well maintained. We work it and it shows but I can see no reason beyond drooling over the new ones to replace it........Yet.

Mine's got almost 100K more than that, the body has serious rust problems, a perpetual check engine light, it doesn't like starting in cold weather anymore, etc., etc., etc. But it still runs ok and the A/C is still working, so it could be worse. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mine's got almost 100K more than that, the body has serious rust problems, a perpetual check engine light, it doesn't like starting in cold weather anymore, etc., etc., etc. But it still runs ok and the A/C is still working, so it could be worse. :D

Yeah that is pretty long in the tooth.
    I have a check engine and an airbag light. O2 sensor #2 failure. Waiting on spring to change it out. Air bag who cares. Truck is an 04. It is going to have issues.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah that is pretty long in the tooth.
    I have a check engine and an airbag light. O2 sensor #2 failure. Waiting on spring to change it out. Air bag who cares. Truck is an 04. It is going to have issues.

The fuel pump went out on mine about 3-4 years ago...in the middle of an intersection. Had to have it towed in and replaced. A year or so later the fuel gauge went out. Talking about driving on faith. Then last year, the replacement fuel pump went out. Fortunately, the part was still under warranty and now I have my fuel gauge back. :D

Top Bottom