• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I read "I'm Posting This For A friend" far more often than I'd expect over in the Classifieds. Is this an accepted circumnavigation around the 50 post min. rule?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Matters to me.

Why? If I’m selling something for a friend, I am taking responsibility for the sale and putting MY reputation on the line. I’ve done it several times here. I’d much sooner buy something that YOU are selling for a friend than I would from someone I don’t know anything about.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why? If I’m selling something for a friend, I am taking responsibility for the sale and putting MY reputation on the line. I’ve done it several times here. I’d much sooner buy something that YOU are selling for a friend than I would from someone I don’t know anything about.

Read the OP. Read my response. I would believe you as I know you.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My brother doesn't INGO. But he does look at the classifieds. I've set up a few deals for him.
    Like Chez said its my reputation on here. He has no desire to post, although he does ask about what people are talking about.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My suspicious side says that it might be a tactic in some instances.

Someone running a business out of the classifieds here. (It happens)
    Selling a bunch of guns... for a friend.
    Camouflage.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County

Buying from Chez like this would be better than buying from all of the 50 wonders.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I had a transaction in the classifieds like that. Guy was selling something for another guy. There was a problem, and the seller made things right. It seemed clear to me that the friend didn't think they owed my anything (and they didn't, and I told them so), but the seller wasn't having it, said "Let's meet up", and we came to an agreement. I was struck by his honesty and integrity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just state you have a gun for sale and deal with it. The classifieds are to put our members in a safe place that they can vet the seller. Being refered to a 3rd party really stretches the rules in my eyes. Even before being staff. I would avoid those ads. The classifieds are a perk for active users. Period.
    If you post up a gun/car/bedroom suit you should not only take responsibility but handle the transactions. This is not Craigslist.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I have over 350 Positive Feedback's with 100% on G-broker. Only one time did I 'post for a friend.' It was a Python in a box. Since I NEVER owned any Colt I "ASS-UMED " It was all in order. Turns out after I gave him the Postal M.O.'s that he used a reproduction box made in China. I did it as a friend and it cost ME $100 to keep my Feedback. NEVER AGAIN.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just state you have a gun for sale and deal with it. The classifieds are to put our members in a safe place that they can vet the seller. Being refered to a 3rd party really stretches the rules in my eyes. Even before being staff. I would avoid those ads. The classifieds are a perk for active users. Period.
    If you post up a gun/car/bedroom suit you should not only take responsibility but handle the transactions. This is not Craigslist.

I love the guys that post up a car, motorcycle, house, cabin, land, etc for 8-10K and up but still won't pony up $20 to support the site. If you're going to use the site to sell something for multiple thousands then don't be a cheap bastard.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I love the guys that post up a car, motorcycle, house, cabin, land, etc for 8-10K and up but still won't pony up $20 to support the site. If you're going to use the site to sell something for multiple thousands then don't be a cheap bastard.

I am with Rooster on this one. It makes sense to give back to the site especially if your using the classifieds for your benefit. :twocents:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Loose lips sink ships.. If you are qualified to sell here then be prepared to make right any dis- or misinformation given to you by a "friend". :rolleyes:

Not a headache I want. I just advise 'em to contribute or participate and deal with their own crap.
    And do it honorably or we won't remain friends for long.

Gotta have standards, you know?

Top Bottom