• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was trying to respond to a pm from churchmouse about an infraction, apologizing for putting "SOLD" in my thread, which is not legal.
    I was trying to explain how I thought is was a once/day "bump" that was allowed, but no.

I also tried to answer another pm that was written to me, but I got the same response.

It said I have exceeded my allowed 500 messages.
    This has happened before and I eliminated messages and it was OK.
    I just now eliminated down to 300, but it still won't let me send a pm????

What am I doing wrong?

I'll restart my cmp.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is what I'm getting:

[h=2]Errors[/h][h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
    • You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here is what it says, but I had 500 allowed messages but now it is saying I can only have 50???

[h=2]Folder Controls[/h]
    [h=3]Inbox contains 100 messages. You have 300 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed.[/h]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got rid of most of my stored emails, but it looks like I've been "shorted" down to 50 stored from 500.

I don't understand.

Was this b/c I got an infraction for putting "sold" in my ad (which I thought you could "bump" your ad once per day and was therefore acceptable).
    Evidently not a "legal" bump.
    I've run into issues before and just recently I also inadvertently posted on my sell ad and I thought I was posting on my thread about selling and received an infraction recently. That's what I get for having too many tabs up at school, getting busy and when I go back to it not be on the right thread: lesson learned.

I don't know what the rules are about the punishments for infractions.
    There is probably a list somewhere showing the punishments, but I never looked at them b/c I've never broken rules before in my life I just do what I'm told.
    Lesson learned. Evidently my infractions for doing something stupid (albeit not intentionally) have not expired and I am under punishment?

I don't know what the ramifications are and whether my hobby is over b/c I'm being shut down?
    I talked to another member once who had been "eliminated" "kicked out" or whatever he said happened to him, and he'd been around for awhile.
    Guess I should have listened to him.

How long does it take to get privileges back for pm storage, and I wonder what other consequences there are?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry: my role is usually of the "enforcer of rules."
    Too bad I can't tell the students at school this: they would love knowing I am in trouble for violating rules.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    It wouldn't have any thing to do with the system saying you only get 50 pm's (as a site supporter), but pm's in your 'Sent Items' folder also count toward your allowed total.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    I agree with gmcttr that the sent counts towards your totals, clean the pm are about some more, the infractions should not count against him

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Who needs 500+ pm storage?
    I can barely keep track of a couple dozen.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the fact that it is there, but who can keep track of that much crap?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am trying to be a good boy by rereading the rules I read back in May.
    I just reread every word about the classified rules with the additional link that was put in for further information.
    I see where it specifically says: "Do not bump an add by saying: "Sold."
    Obviously, my logic of using the 24-hour "bump" rule by putting in "sold" does not apply. That detail eluded me. :wallbash:

This is what I have a question about:
    "Updated with new price!"
    Fine. It better be after 24 hours or put into the top post, though, or it's getting deleted."

Apparently, as long as it has been past the 24-hour rule (not to be confused with an "every day rule", b/c that could be less than 24 hrs.), a person can "bump" an ad but not literally have to use the word, "bump" but can leave a message, like "Updated with new price" would be acceptable after 24 hours and 1 minute of it's posting and every 24 hr. and 1 minute thereafter.

Can you put in a paragraph of updated info?
    Or, only a few words?
    I assume that it is preferred to put only a word or even an abbreviation using the 24-hour bump privilege, but is a sentence OK?

I have not "bumped" my Ruger 1911 ad b/c I'm paralyzed by fear :nailbite: to do anything after getting infractions for the 2 mistakes I made which violate the rules that I read word for word in May, but illogically applied the bumping rule when I said "sold" and the other time I just flat made a mistake b/c I thought I was on my thread about selling not the actual classified ad for selling. :ugh:

Top Bottom