• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok, the headline is a little sensationalist, but this guy could have been bad news.

Based on the reporting, he wasn't planning a mass shooting, but did allegedly threaten to kill two people while pointing a rifle at them.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...666002/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Seems like an odd combination? I have never used a scope before, nor a bump stock, but but wouldn't the bump stock eliminate any accuracy? Seems like the whole bump stock is really nothing more than a novelty that uses a lot of ammo?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well thank God that Indiana cooperates with immigration agents so we can get this guy locked away for good or shipped out and never come back. I have a feeling there's a lot to this story that isn't being told for a reason. Maybe so it doesn't compromise Law enforcement tactics. Thank goodness this guy got caught because this guy is bad news

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The economics side of my brain wants him deported so we don't have to pay for him. Another part of my brain thinks that nothing will happen to him if he get deported back to the Saudi Kingdom and he'll be back, but we won't know where or when.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The economics side of my brain wants him deported so we don't have to pay for him. Another part of my brain thinks that nothing will happen to him if he get deported back to the Saudi Kingdom and he'll be back, but we won't know where or when.

The smart consumer side of my brain is thinking "I wonder if there's going to be a Going Out of Business Tire Sale?"

Edit: I heard that bump stocks are so lethal and so dangerous, that the military isn't allowed to use them - per the Geneva Convention (or something).

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A scope and a bump stock....I'd really like to see how that works.

Remember this is the media talking. To them, a "scope" is anything that resembles a tube on top of the rifle. It could have been a red dot optic. I could see using a red dot a lot easier than a true scope.

In the end it really don't matter. Problem guy is in custody. Good for all the departments involved.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Remember this is the media talking. To them, a "scope" is anything that resembles a tube on top of the rifle. It could have been a red dot optic. I could see using a red dot a lot easier than a true scope.

In the end it really don't matter. Problem guy is in custody. Good for all the departments involved.

Until he isn't!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm really quite curious as to why this guy didn't land in jail the first time LEOs dealt with him outside the hotel.

He was behaving negligently with firearms and they didn't even check to see if he was legally allowed to possess them. At that time he was in the country illegally and committing a felony by possessing any guns, let alone a car full of them. Why was he allowed to leave? Why wasn't he arrested, charged, and deportation proceedings begun immediately?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm really quite curious as to why this guy didn't land in jail the first time LEOs dealt with him outside the hotel.

He was behaving negligently with firearms and they didn't even check to see if he was legally allowed to possess them. At that time he was in the country illegally and committing a felony by possessing any guns, let alone a car full of them. Why was he allowed to leave? Why wasn't he arrested, charged, and deportation proceedings begun immediately?

So you're saying that any time a cop in Indiana sees guns in a car they should shake the guy down for ID?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

What had he done wrong? Stupid, yes wrong/illegal(with the way the law is and that's good), he just had guns visible in his vehicle?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So you're saying that any time a cop in Indiana sees guns in a car they should shake the guy down for ID?

When you've got a rifle and a pile of pistols sitting out in plain view, at three in the morning, in the Hyatt parking lot? And it's back out, in plain view, a few hours later after you were politely told to stow it? Uh, yeah dude. There's oodles of reasonable suspicion.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    There's a smash & grab car burglar reading this story and kicking himself for taking the day off. Easy pickens. The news runs a story every other week about not leaving valuables in plain sight in your parked car, especially in a downtown garage.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When you've got a rifle and a pile of pistols sitting out in plain view, at three in the morning, in the Hyatt parking lot? And it's back out, in plain view, a few hours later after you were politely told to stow it? Uh, yeah dude. There's oodles of reasonable suspicion.

What laws are broken when you have rifles and handguns in your car? Are the cops supposed to assume he's an illegal?

I can drive around with handguns and rifles stacked to the ceiling in my car and it's perfectly legal in Indiana. It's a good way to get stuff stolen, but I've committed no crime, so reasonable suspicion of what?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Reasonable suspicion of what crime? Stupidity? Sorry, still not illegal, much to my chagrin! Of course you’re probably one of the “a little liberty lost for safety gained crowd” it seems?

Top Bottom