• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    His work with Black Holes is what got myself interested in Compact Objects and Astrophysics in general. He inspired a generation of scientists and that is a phenomenal achievement befitting of a man of his caliber.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His work with Black Holes is what got myself interested in Compact Objects and Astrophysics in general. He inspired a generation of scientists and that is a phenomenal achievement befitting of a man of his caliber.

Most certainly. He made things that might as well have been written in Klingon, make sense.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    A great mind goes to rest indeed. I wonder how many people looked up into the stars from reading his opinions on our universe.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don’t know much of his mind honestly. Certainly smart. But got into some crazy global warming earth gonna die stuff at the end.

impressive how he lived so long with his disability and all the difficulties that come with it

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don’t know much of his mind honestly. Certainly smart. But got into some crazy global warming earth gonna die stuff at the end.

impressive how he lived so long with his disability and all the difficulties that come with it

When you think about it, it's funny that some consider his theories on the universe as sound plausible science, but one single planet in it? ....then he's crazy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I know "A Brief History of Time" is sometimes derided as "pulp science" but I think the corollary of that is that it made some very high level scientific ideas accessible.

His personal struggles with his disease are also an example of how some fates don't care how smart, or how talented, or how good looking you are. In that regard, he's an example of how we all try to overcome our obstacles, and shouldn't ever give up.

He did awfully well with the time he had here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know "A Brief History of Time" is sometimes derided as "pulp science" but I think the corollary of that is that it made some very high level scientific ideas accessible.

His personal struggles with his disease are also an example of how some fates don't care how smart, or how talented, or how good looking you are. In that regard, he's an example of how we all try to overcome our obstacles, and shouldn't ever give up.

He did awfully well with the time he had here.

Pretty well covers it.
    RIP

Top Bottom