• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    The surgeon say's the shot in the neck didn't work.. like I need someone to tell me! So waiting on getting scheduled to have a artificial disc similar to this one installed soon.. at C-4/5.
    I asked for the taller model to see if I could gain some ground. Cant drive for up to 4 weeks so I will be walking around with the dogs on our property during the day.. My plan is get the range finished and do some plinking with some non recoil type rifles.. start rebuilding a couple bikes in the barn and what ever my wife needs me to do... heck I might even fish the pond I have out back, its only been about 5 years since I did..

There was supposed to be a picture of the artificial disc but it did not load..
    images

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Good luck man. There is nothing worse than a bad back or neck. I busted my back up about 10-12 years ago....and that SOB keeps me up all night a lot of times. The only relief I get is the occasional Vicodin, when I am really hurting bad....but since I don't like pain killers and they don't like me.....I find prescription Ibuprofen to usually be my friend. Don't ask me why over the counters don't work, but they don't. Regardless, wishing you the best and I hope you get to feeling better.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Scary looking piece of hardware, looks like it belongs on a cabinet rather than in a human being. Gives me the shudders just looking at it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    $3.99 for the part, $24,996.01 for what it cost to develop and get FDA approved....and the liability insurance.

Do device manufacturers insure themselves against lawsuits? I guess it makes sense. Gotta be a hard policy to do actuary tables on. But I would love to see the data

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    C4/C5? That's like the perfect height, you could get the second head installed. I had my L3/4/5 welded together October 12th, and things are so much better since then, except my [STRIKE]quack[/STRIKE]doctor wants to go on and add L2 because it's deteriorating or some such nonsense. I won't tell you how much I wanted some heroin sometimes before the surgery.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    C4/C5? That's like the perfect height, you could get the second head installed. I had my L3/4/5 welded together October 12th, and things are so much better since then, except my [STRIKE]quack[/STRIKE]doctor wants to go on and add L2 because it's deteriorating or some such nonsense. I won't tell you how much I wanted some heroin sometimes before the surgery.

heroin?? They keep trying to give different pain killers but not heroin!! I won’t take any meds before work just when I get home.
    I not ready for a second head yet. I would have to buy all new shirts...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Opiates were the only thing that would really work for me. Ibuprofen is anti inflamatory, and a fistful of that would just kind of dent it. They even had me solidly at the dose limit for tramadol before they finally sent me somewhere that would write me for hydrocodone. At least with that I stopped waking up in the middle of the night screaming. I got the oxy after surgery and quit it after a month. I don't think there are any MDs that can write for heroin, but that would have worked. Did you know, heroin was developed by an actual pharmaceutical company that could afford to develop only one at a time? That was Bayer, and heroin bumped aspirin.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Doc, You ever heard of Egalet Corporation? They are developing pain killers that can't be abused easily and non addictive, Guardian Technology. Sales are picking up and I expect their stock to be a winner in the future. Just wondering if you have heard of any of their products....SPRIX Nasal Spray , ARYMO ER or OXAYDO?

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I had c4-c5 fusion done about 8 years ago bill was $86,000 insurance contracted for $18,000 and i paid $5,000 . I had a well known neuro surgeon do it and i still have pain on a scale of about 6 with pain meds. But i know others that are 100% pain free.

Top Bottom