• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    UPS was my Go To Carrier, not so much anymore. The last 3 Shipments I received have been Late. I have UPS My Choice so I receive email updates on my packages. Monday the package was shipped and it was to be delivered today. This mornings email informed me stating it will be her tomorrow. last one sat in their Distribution Center in Hodgkins Ill. for 3 days after they picked it up. Have they cut their workforce to save money?

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I haven't noticed any issues, other than if it's Amazon, they sometimes end up at the Post Office for the final leg of the journey, which usually adds an extra day.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I've noticed the same thing as to parcels setting in Hodgkin for 24-48 hours or in Ohio for the same time frame. Even had parcels hit the Fort Wayne depot and be there a day before being loaded for deliver.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    We had back to back issues through amazon a few weeks ago. Ups started them both then took to wrong terminals at the postal service. First package said it was lost so we called to reorder or refund because it was already a week late. After getting a replacement the postal service left me a card in my mailbox saying I had a package to pick up. Second order my wife paid extra to get faster shipping and it got lost as well. She called to figure out what was going on and Amazon ended up sending a rush order because we needed the item before the weekend for vacation. Got the original order on that Thursday and replacement on Friday. I think we will avoid Amazon for awhile

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Same Deal. Ammo sat in INDY for 3 days before moving to Bloomington, Changed my delivery date late 2 days. :rolleyes: FedEx shipments that go thru Columbus Ohio enter the Twilight Zone :noway:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My last two packages made it to the Plainfield UPS terminal on Saturday mornings. They were delivered to Avon on Tuesday and Wednesday. I even received an email that the delivery would be a day early on the Wednesday package, but it wasn't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I finally got hit with the UPS jinx. I've ordered lots of things from PSA and most of them have come to my door via UPS, no problem. Ordered some .22 ammo (2 orders) recently and the first one arrived at my doorstep like usual. With the second order, I got the delivery confirmation email and went to the front porch... no ammo. Checked the email again and clicked on the tracking number and it said it was being held at a Metro PCS (cell phone store) that happened to be a UPS "hub". It was only a mile from my house so I went over there. They didn't have it. Told me to call back on Monday which I did, and they still didn't have it.

Got another delivery confirmation email, this time saying it was left at my front door, but again, no ammo. Clicking the tracking number said it had been dropped off at another UPS Store on the east side of town, so I called them and explained that it wasn't supposed to go to them. They gave me UPS' 800 number so I called it, and was told they would pick it up and deliver it to my house. Still don't have it. Haven't heard from or gotten any more emails either. :xmad:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive always had good luck with UPS. Next day out of chicago via ground service. (Fedex flatly refuses to deliver faster than 3 days unless you pay for overnight; they sit on it for two days when it gets to town the first night)

Now DHL/USPS is another story. What a joke. They have outright lost two shipments to me out of the Whitestown warehouse. Amazon shows it left the warehouse via courier. USPS says the label was printed but never checked in at their hub. *poof* just vanished.

And the wife just ordered something and it sat an extra 2 days downtown at the USPS hub for no apparent reason.

EDIT: I take that back. I had them destroy a server in an EPIC way once. I was shipping back a big server to my office for destruction. I reused the new server box. It was big enough that it had rabbit jack spacers on the bottom of the box made out of folded cardboard to make them easier to move around a warehouse. As far as we can tell a worker approached the box which was now upside down, saw the "handles" picked up the box and attempted to fling it onto the dock. Halfway through the swing the bottom of the box separated from the rest of the box and the server tumbled out onto the concrete. bashed in the corner of the chassis so bad I couldnt remove the modular power supplies because they were locked in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just checked my tracking number again and it is now showing that a delivery change request was in process. The change? To deliver it to MY house where it was supposed to go IN THE FIRST PLACE! :ugh: Looking through the tracking history I kept seeing "recipient not in on first attempt". This was not a "signature required" shipment, so whether I was home or not (and DoggyMama WAS home all day on their "first attempt" Saturday), they should have left the damn package like they always have. Now this was a "free shipping" deal from PSA, so I guess you really do get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They have went down hill...I thought it was due to my driver for the first five years retiring but apparently not....

I usually seemed to have the same driver too and he would joke about "got some more gun food for ya!" when he'd bring me ammo shipments. Also, we have a cast iron "dinner bell" at the corner of our garage. From about April thru October we pretty much live out on our back deck, so we have a sign on the front door to ring the bell at the corner of the garage if no answer. My regular guy would go ring it even if he handed me the package in person because he said he "just liked ringing that bell". :):

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Bought an item on amazon...Sat at ups for a day, then they said they didn't ship it, sat another 2 days, then brought to usps in my town. I asked the mail lady and she said ups is weird and sometimes they will just bring them packages instead of them delivering it.

Shold have recieved package on the 8th, got it on the 13th.

Top Bottom