• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    He was taking a date out on a stolen credit card, where he had to jack an 80 yr old in an old folks home to steal his card.... that kind of guy.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Kind of like the guy who killed the owner of the gyro spot on 38th st..in the parking lot of his own business.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’ve met the owner who got beat up and critically injured. Mild mannered guy, not one to get in a fight. I’m surprised he went after somebody over a $40 tab though. Too bad he wasn’t carrying or didn’t use it if he was. He could have blasted that douche bag to kingdom come.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My in-laws have been eating at Joe's since old Joe was there. Back in the 1980's, sometime. Maybe earlier. They know the current owner and a lot of the staff pretty well. So sad. He most certainly didn't deserve this.

Personally, I think once said bad guy is caught, Joe's should send him tacos every day, for every meal, for his entire prison stay. The very last taco should come with a note: "that wasn't taco meat".

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    They've identified Maurice Dunlap as the guy.

https://www.wthr.com/article/police...lt-that-seriously-injured-acapulco-joes-owner

In a crazy coincidence, there's a pic of him in orange.

In another "whodathunkit" data point, he has active warrants for other violent crimes.

ETA
    Whoa.

Just did some Odysseying on him. Cases going back to 1995, including a couple in Hamilton county, predominantly variations of theft apparently. Some battery mixed in. One of his early cases references juvie cases that make his adult case non-suspendable.

Looks like he got an early start on criminality.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Now they're saying they caught him within half an hour of releasing his identity.

That's cool. Would love to hear the story of how that went down.

Top Bottom