• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I'm a courier. I deliver all over Delaware, Madison, Blackford, Grant, and Henry counties as well as parts of Jay and Randolph. No matter the county, out in the middle of nowhere, I'll see stop signs that have been shot. I have to ask: Why? What's the point? Please, someone enlighten me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The one on the corner by my house use to have a couple holes in it. I think they have since replace it. I am curious now. I will have to remember to look at it. If it were shot at today the back stop would be a housing development. It was shot before I moved here in 98. It was a wooded around back then. I have seem several in various areas of the county, even in lower Michigan.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm a courier. I deliver all over Delaware, Madison, Blackford, Grant, and Henry counties as well as parts of Jay and Randolph. No matter the county, out in the middle of nowhere, I'll see stop signs that have been shot. I have to ask: Why? What's the point? Please, someone enlighten me.

It's a National Sport.... The "Dumbchit Olympics".
    I would have mentioned it by the real name of Redneck Olympics but didn't want to offend those responsible for the damage.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    It is not unlike shooters that leave TRASH when out shooting. It gives us all a bad name.

Luger

p.s. anyone remember the clowns/idiots from Pawn Stars that went shooting and camping in the desert? Got busted AND FINED for dumping ALL their trash. Hey its someone else job to clean up after fat, lazy, con men.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not just stop signs. People like to destroy stuff and those signs make convenient targets. Another curious thing around here is people like to steal the green/white road name signs. Drive around the county and you see road signs shot up and road-name signs missing.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Those signs, the red ones, they make you stop, when you want to go. They need to die. That is why you see the holes in them. I want to go, not stop. You see why they are shot full of holes now. Do you now understand?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    It's not just stop signs. People like to destroy stuff and those signs make convenient targets. Another curious thing around here is people like to steal the green/white road name signs. Drive around the county and you see road signs shot up and road-name signs missing.

There's a lot of that around here, too. There's a "Stoner Dr" in Anderson. There's only a sign there maybe 25% of the time!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I worry about the sign’s integrity after that so I usually repair the holes with “eating animals” stickers I had left over from a grill fest years ago. You’ve probably seen my work.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand

My cousin is the county highway engineer here and we have a road sign with 420s on it that is always stolen. He said they tried using bolts that required a special tool to remove and people just ripped the entire pole out of the ground. They went back to regular bolts so they just have to put up a new sign every few weeks.

We have joked about hooking up a fence charger to it, which I think would be hilarious.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Did I do this in an earlier time?

Maybe... or maybe it was sailing mailboxes with a baseball bat.... or maybe it was all just a made up story.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think the state shoots holes in them before they put them up in my neighborhood.

Prevents people from stealing them.

I mean, who wants a shot up STOP sign hangin on their wall?

People out to steal one will drive around all night looking for a pristine, boolit hole free one, and eventually lose interest.:laugh:

Top Bottom