• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, didn't know where to put this question: I hope I'm not in trouble listing it here.
    I little paranoid lately.

Is there a way of doing a search in the Classifieds under "Handguns" and see only "revolvers" or even better yet to isolate a certain caliber to find what is in the pages of the Classifieds?

This is one of the features I like about Armslist: I can put in a "Manufacturer" and /or a "Caliber" to isolate what is available.

When I try putting "revolvers" or "revolvers for sale" in the "search" when I'm in Classifieds under Handguns I will get a few things, including a couple I have listed recently, and then it will give me a couple of listed years old in the mix.

I assume I'm an idiot and simply don't know where to go to do my searches or the sit simply isn't set up to do what Armslist does.

Not a big deal b/c since I check the site daily I can usually see the new items for sale on the first page of the Classifieds anyway, but if I want to do research on the pricing of a particular gun historically it is limiting.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    If you are just looking at pricing a firearm then go to gunbroker.com and search that model. That seems to be the most relevant way to see what things are bringing in the current market.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you are just looking at pricing a firearm then go to gunbroker.com and search that model. That seems to be the most relevant way to see what things are bringing in the current market.

1. Thanks: I do before I sell any gun since "asking price" here and Armslist is usually not the selling price.
    2. I must be the only person selling for what I list as the selling price. :dunno:
    3. Since I usually sell quickly, the thought does go through my mind: "I should have asked $25 - $50 more," but, truth is: I don't mind passing on a good deal when I bought a gun and don't need to make a profit when I sell: I have a job. :laugh: When I retire: maybe not. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No, will try to see what I get.

Wow! I got pages of results but they started in 2014 and got older when I put in "revolvers for sale"

You can sort by date, otherwise I think it sorts by relevancy by default.

Remember it is looking for the exact terms you put in. There is no real "metadata" on the classified posts here on INGO other than the subforum they are located in (i.e. things are not tagged or classified by caliber, manufacturer, etc) so the results will not be classified as such.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I usually start any search online with the most simplest of terms. In this case, revolver. The more you type in the more likely you may miss something because the computer thinks in computer, not human brain. If you or the other person spell it differently it won't show up. My personal, craigslist, searches are motorcycle related. Harley, Harly, HD, H-D, Sportster, Sportser. I don't know if INGO has a pipe function or not, I.E. "Harley | Harly" which will capture both spellings. Work it doggd, you can master it!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I usually start any search online with the most simplest of terms. In this case, revolver. The more you type in the more likely you may miss something because the computer thinks in computer, not human brain. If you or the other person spell it differently it won't show up. My personal, craigslist, searches are motorcycle related. Harley, Harly, HD, H-D, Sportster, Sportser. I don't know if INGO has a pipe function or not, I.E. "Harley | Harly" which will capture both spellings. Work it doggd, you can master it!

1. I had to laugh, didn't notice at first read, but caught it the 2nd read: "doggd," instead of doddg :laugh: .

Top Bottom