• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Today I'm reaping the benefits of the ****ing liberals and their insane agenda. I wish this country could take a few treatments of chemotherapy and be rid of their cancerous existence.

I used to have insurance that actually paid for ****. Thanks Obamacare.
    1pTgRUsh.jpg

I used to be able to do transfers in a reasonable amount of time. Whenever the ****ing morons get their panties in a wad and decide passing new laws will all of a sudden fix things I get to sit through this ridiculous horse****. Trying to transfer a shotgun to a police officer I've known for 20 years and damned sure ain't a prohibited person.
    G7OOjeWh.png

Thanks you bunch of ****ing loony pricks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lots more people making money off of you than there used to be.

Always follow the money

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    In '85 my first born cost me a total of $450, in '90 number 2 didn't cost me a dime. I was gainfully employed (2 different jobs) each time. I seriously doubt anybody is taking home a newborn for those numbers nowadays unless you're uninsured, illegal, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Phylo, we are in the middle of some very serious medical issues with the spouse. The rules/regs. are so ****ed up right now it is mind boggling. My out of pocket will keep me working until I am dead.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Tell me about it! I should be getting over $500 back on my federal income tax return, but thanks to Obozocare I lose that and get to pay an additional $200 for the privilege of not having health insurance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not according to TurboTax. I think 2018 taxes will have no penalty, but 2017 does? At least that's my understanding of it, but I could be wrong...

Robbery is right. That could have been a new gun.

I just checked and believe you are right. We are retired and this has no effect on us save for the fact they are ripping my package out meeting my deductible.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Tell me about it! I should be getting over $500 back on my federal income tax return, but thanks to Obozocare I lose that and get to pay an additional $200 for the privilege of not having health insurance.

When obamafraud came out it stated on the it's website that it's not illegal to not pay the fine, but if you were to receive a refund that they would keep it. I didn't pay it the first year and was lucky to receive a good paying job that had health insurance by the second year.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not according to TurboTax. I think 2018 taxes will have no penalty, but 2017 does? At least that's my understanding of it, but I could be wrong...

Robbery is right. That could have been a new gun.

We had this problem, as my wife wasn't covered for part of the year. There was some option in TurboTax that we clicked that wiped it all away though. Can't remember what it was... :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    In '85 my first born cost me a total of $450, in '90 number 2 didn't cost me a dime. I was gainfully employed (2 different jobs) each time. I seriously doubt anybody is taking home a newborn for those numbers nowadays unless you're uninsured, illegal, etc.
    You mean true cost (insurance + out-of-pocket)? or just patient out-of-pocket? I have good health insurance through my employer; employer pays 75% of the premium. The first birth paid back all my premiums paid in my career up to that point, the 2nd was just money in the bank so-to-say.

Patient out of pocket on birth #1: $0.07 (that provider wrote the 7 cents off so I didn't actually write the check for it), insurance paid somewhere around $27k for normal, complication-free birth with epidural
    #2: ~$180 out-of-pocket for a circumcision, insurance paid ~$24k for normal, complication-free birth with epidural
    #3 hasn't occurred yet but it's twins so many, many more ultrasounds and checkups mean this one is going to cost nearly twice the cost of a normal singleton birth so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

ETA, those numbers include all prenatal & post-partum care that is associated with pregnancy & birth of a child. Our insurance operates on what they call the "global fee system" (IIRC) which just stacks all of the pre-natal appts up until birth and then pays a "global fee" based upon the negotiated rate.

ETA2, When looking at job prospects far too many people forget to take into consideration the benefits. They look at only the dollar signs and ignore the bennies. I carefully chose my employer based upon all of the factors. If you can't get good health insurance and you're young, and possibly expecting kids in the near future, maybe it's time to start shopping around for an employer. It's definitely an employee's market right now. If you have skills, a desire to work, and you actually show up on time you can get a good job. Being drug-free with no history is merely an added leg up, many employers in today's market are willing to overlook drugs & criminal history for a good worker. That is all being said with only a general idea of what the job market it like; I haven't looked for a job in years so I don't truly know what is available as far as benefits go.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, but should you also "hate" conservatives too? Both houses, the presidency, and the votes to change your current predicament. I mean they did complain about it for 8 years.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom