• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Anyone see the article today about the ISP officer who had a car pulled over. Suddenly a car goes FLYING past him. He lights it up and goes after him. Minute or so later he radios in that "I am doing 150 and this guy is walking away from me." Two truckers came to assist by blocking traffic.

Turned out it was a 707 HP Dodge Demon that they said was doing OVER 170 mph. Wonder how old the driver will be before he can drive again?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was this article in the Onion? If a guy flew by me at 150+, I'm not going to try and catch him. I'd radio ahead.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Was this article in the Onion? If a guy flew by me at 150+, I'm not going to try and catch him. I'd radio ahead.

tenor.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's crazy. How fast was the ISP guy going? Even if he was going 70 or 80 mph, the distance created when a guy blows by you at 150-160 is pretty substantial.

One story said the Trooper got up to his cruiser's governed speed of 150 mph.

Eggert sped up to catch up to the Hellcat and soon found himself driving 150 miles per hour as the Hellcat continued to pull away. Due to the high speed of the Hellcat, Eggert radioed ahead for other troopers to watch for it. Eggert caught up to the Hellcat after it got caught behind two semis that were driving next to each other.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The thread title reminded me of this..........I should apologize in advance.

[video=youtube;gnMUvrspd7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnMUvrspd7I[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would have let him go. He's just taking his new car on a shakedown cruise.:)

I much rather be pulling people over who are traveling slow in the left lane any day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One story said the Trooper got up to his cruiser's governed speed of 150 mph.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah, I saw that. I meant when the car initially passed him. Think about it. If you're doing 70/80mph, and car passes you at 150/160, you can't flip a switch and match that speed. While you're trying to get up to speed, that car you're chasing is still hauling butt and creating distance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I saw that. I meant when the car initially passed him. Think about it. If you're doing 70/80mph, and car passes you at 150/160, you can't flip a switch and match that speed. While you're trying to get up to speed, that car you're chasing is still hauling butt and creating distance.

You're right, but one story said he (the guy in the Hellcat) was weaving in and out of traffic, so it's probably more accurate to say he reached speeds of 160 mph, meaning that at times he was going less than that.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    When this happens (which I'm sure is all the time based on movies I've seen) what happens to the person who was pulled over originally? Can they just drive away or do they have to wait for the cop to come back?

Top Bottom