• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Highly recommend this sleeper hit. Some intense scene near the end.

[video=youtube;zN9PDOoLAfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9PDOoLAfg[/video]

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Indiucky showed me the trailer at his shop a few weeks back, still haven’t watched it, but can’t wait to see it. I’ve heard several other people say it’s fantastic!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A very tight, well made movie. Trigger warning, you will want a .45-70 after watching.

Renner character reminded me of the CJ Box (author) character Joe Pickett.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I have not seen the movie but have spent time next to the Wind River reservation. Fantastic country out there. To be on a horse on a high plateau (8,500') and look 50 miles in any direction and not see anything man-made. It was in June, snowing, so I did not linger at the site! :-)

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I watched it over the weekend with my wife. Great movie, I highly recommend it. It is currently on Netflix and I plan to order the DVD. It's a keeper.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Trigger warning, you will want a .45-70 after watching...

IKR? That thing makes bad guys leave their feet and fly like 10 feet backwards when you choot them. Even when chootin them from great distance.;)

Other than that, great flick.:yesway::yesway:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It was a well done movie, fortunately I already have a .45-70 ;). There were some things I found :scratch: about the movie though. So, these Indians had to have a white (government employee) guy come and hunt mountain lions for them to defend their cattle...and the bad guys were as disappointingly hollywierd go to as if they'd used Nazi's.

Also, be forewarned, there are scenes in the movie that are not kid and possibly not spouse friendly. I know my spouse would NOT like this movie for those reasons. I watched it on an airplane and found the scenes to be uncomfortable to have viewed in public. Typical to current hollywierd fare too they could have been left on the cutting room floor with the crime implied and the movie would have lost nothing.

But...shooting, guns safety, hunting/tracking, reloading and a .45-70 :yesway:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I have to admit there were at least 3 things in the movie that didn't make sense to me. But, it wasn't enough to ruin the movie and I won't go into detail and spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I still highly recommend watching it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Watched in on pay-per-view a couple of months ago based on a suggestion from SWMBO after she looks at reviews online. It was an excellent movie and I always enjoy Jeremy Renner's performance when he's a good guy. The actor who played the father of the murdered girl was amazing, especially in the scene where he broke down. Amazing. I watched it three time over two days.

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have had Marlin SBL for several years, before the Jurassic Park movie. Load some round ball pip squeak loads for the grandsons to shoot. They love it.

One of my favorites.

Don

Top Bottom