• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-users-widening-privacy-scandal-idUSKCN1HB2CM

...Zuckerberg told reporters that he accepted blame for the data leak, which has angered users, advertisers and lawmakers, while also saying he was still the right person to head the company he founded...

...He said he was not aware of any discussions on the Facebook board about him stepping down, although directors would face a challenge if they wanted to oust him because Zuckerberg is the controlling shareholder.

He said he had not fired anyone over the scandal and did not plan to. “I’m not looking to throw anyone else under the bus for mistakes that we made here,” he said.

Facebook first acknowledged last month that personal information about millions of users wrongly ended up in the hands of Cambridge Analytica.

Zuckerberg will testify about the matter next Tuesday and Wednesday during two U.S. congressional hearings...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So, no one will be held accountable for a massive data breach that they know happened and it is still not known completely what all data was breached. This is sounding like the way the democrat party runs things. but wait, even better yet old he is a democrat. So should we really be surprised?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Why is this surprising people? Why is it being called a data leak or breach? Initially it was reported that Facebook allowed (sold) Cambridge Analytica to gather the data. That story has evolved into a professor breached an agreement by giving Cambridge access to the data, thus distancing Facebook's culpability. Whichever version is correct, isn't that Facebook's business plan, collecting personal data for sale to 3rd parties? They waited several months to disclose the data "breach" and underestimated by 40%. I think that is quite telling about how Facebook views their client's importance and value. I await Facebook's 3rd version of how this happened.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think that is quite telling about how Facebook views their client's importance and value.

facebook's clients are not those logging in as "users" to post pictures of kittens or live streaming shooting folks in the head.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not sure why people are so excited over this. This was just a case of someone getting caught for violating an agreement. Facebook EXISTS for data mining. That's what they do. That's how they make their real money.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why is this surprising people? I think that is quite telling about how Facebook views their client's importance and value. I await Facebook's 3rd version of how this happened.
    You are correct, FB did their best to protect their clients by trying to cover up the breach, then when that didn’t work, underreporting the breach. FB users are not the client/customer, they are the commodity, to be sold!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not sure why people are so excited over this. This was just a case of someone getting caught for violating an agreement. Facebook EXISTS for data mining. That's what they do. That's how they make their real money.

I know right. I'm much more concerned about Equifax than this, but most people seem to be more worried about all the info they voluntarily gave to Facebook... Seems odd.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know right. I'm much more concerned about Equifax than this, but most people seem to be more worried about all the info they voluntarily gave to Facebook... Seems odd.
    I can opt out of FB, by never having a profile, but Equifax can’t be opted out of, so that breach is of far more concern to me!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    INGO be like

NpNB2Uh.jpg

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I agree fb is not even in the sink. People get all their news,sports and weather and most important political news from Facebook.
    People are addicted to it. Guys at work at break time get on Facebook. I sure don’t get that

Top Bottom