• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have an old Parmi Sno Throw snowblower and an old Craftsman table saw. Could there be collectors out there that would buy them or should I just take them to a scrapyard? The table saw works and is in pretty good shape for being made in the 1950s. The snowblower ran years ago but it needs a sprocket because the one on the chain that drives the auger slips off under load because the teeth are worn down.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Those old table saws for the most part are no longer very desirable. Ask 50 for it on CL, and take 25 if it doesn't sell in a week. Its the wrong season to try to get rid of a snowblower but the motor may be worth a few bucks. Id ask 50 for it also and make sure you list the brand and hp of the engine in the title. Someone may want the engine.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Those old table saws for the most part are no longer very desirable. Ask 50 for it on CL, and take 25 if it doesn't sell in a week. Its the wrong season to try to get rid of a snowblower but the motor may be worth a few bucks. Id ask 50 for it also and make sure you list the brand and hp of the engine in the title. Someone may want the engine.

Thats what I figured. Thanks for the suggestion.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have an old Parmi Sno Throw snowblower and an old Craftsman table saw. Could there be collectors out there that would buy them or should I just take them to a scrapyard? The table saw works and is in pretty good shape for being made in the 1950s. The snowblower ran years ago but it needs a sprocket because the one on the chain that drives the auger slips off under load because the teeth are worn down.

eBay began as a result of a guy jokingly putting an ad online for a broken laser pointer to test some software he had written and discovering that there were collectors that would buy them.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    For so little money to possibly be had, I would shove em out on trash day with a sign on them stating "scrap". That way no strangers have to come to your house to possibly buy the items.

They will be gone by the end of your shift.

Junk is only paying $100 per ton if you don't separate metal types.

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    I don't know if it is significant or not but in your original question you put "scrap" first. JMHO I would push the stuff to the curb with a sign on it " Free or best offer" Mess with their heads:D

Morgan88

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Parmi Tool of Lynn Indiana, there's a name I've not heard in a long time. A good customer of my old employer back in the 70s and 80s.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I had a friend who wanted to clear out the barn of miscellaneous stuff. He put it out by the road with a FREE sign...it sat there for a couple of weeks. He put a $10 each sign up and they were stolen that night.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had a friend who wanted to clear out the barn of miscellaneous stuff. He put it out by the road with a FREE sign...it sat there for a couple of weeks. He put a $10 each sign up and they were stolen that night.

Similar story here. A well used but still useful Kroehler sofa. SOOOO comfy to sleep on, but wife wanted it gone. Two weeks on CL for free, no takers. Put it up for $20 and we had a bite in 24 hours, and they were SOOOOOOOOO appreciative that they found a good couch for so cheap to outfit their new college graduate's apt. :facepalm:

Top Bottom