• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Someone was kind enough to hit my mailbox. It didn't damage the box as it is covered by a 3/16" of steel, but it did spin it around a little over 90 degrees so it doesn't face the road anymore. I've tried to turn it back, but no luck. Looks like I'm going to have to pull it up and re-sink it.

Now I am a lazy man at heart and believe in maximum results with minimal effort. Anyone have any tips on pulling that post out of the ground? I'm at a complete loss. I'm pretty sure that my initial thought of hooking my truck up to it and pulling it out will result in major lawn damage, which I would like to avoid. Goes back to that "lazy" part. LOL

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You can lever the pole out. I could give you instructions, but with this weather, it's a good "thought experiment" with a bourbon in one hand and a fire going.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Dig a hole beside it. Get a corner brace of some quality, install cb, add a 2x8 piece of wood, about 10" long. Tamp a little tannerite into the hole, and well you know the rest. Start with a small amount, it's easier then going 2 properties down to reclaim your :poop:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    this.....:)

e023b4.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Put a bolt or lag in it, depending what its made of. A big set of vise grips will work if the post is small enough to grab/lock. Use a bottle jack to jack it out of the ground.

Top Bottom