Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Still haven't started on my taxes.

Don't wanna do it.

Gotta do it; don't wanna do it.

Taxes suck.

Just did mine last nite. Played the deduction game well. Owed the feds $375 and the state owes me $250. I like those numbers. I like it when I'm dialed in and paying as close to what I NEEEEEEEED to pay every 2 weeks so that I dont have a huge amount going either way come April. I dont want to write a big check, and I also dont want to get a big check with nothing to show for those lost funds I didnt have access to throughout the year.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had planned to sit down and get my taxes done today...it didn't happen. I will probably spend tomorrow afternoon plugging info into the free H&R Block online system. Mostly, I have procrastinated because an online tax estimater indicated I may owe this year. Hard to get motivated to deal with possibly having to pay the government. Plus, right now cash is tight and I don't want to pay anyone $300-400 to enter the info into a computer for about an hour of work...and all I get is a crappy bottle of water or coffee.

So IF I end up oweing how soon does the IRS expect the payment?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had planned to sit down and get my taxes done today...it didn't happen. I will probably spend tomorrow afternoon plugging info into the free H&R Block online system. Mostly, I have procrastinated because an online tax estimater indicated I may owe this year. Hard to get motivated to deal with possibly having to pay the government. Plus, right now cash is tight and I don't want to pay anyone $300-400 to enter the info into a computer for about an hour of work...and all I get is a crappy bottle of water or coffee.

So IF I end up oweing how soon does the IRS expect the payment?

Payment has to be submitted electronically or postmarked by 04/17/2018, even if you file an extension.

I always owe, which is why I'm in no hurry.

It's just irritating and makes me feel like I'm helping facilitate my own prison rape when I work on my taxes.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Payment has to be submitted electronically or postmarked by 04/17/2018, even if you file an extension.

It's just irritating and makes me feel like I'm helping facilitate my own prison rape when I work on my taxes.

Dang you're full of good news.

kings650

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I haven't even started on mine either. Was gonna do it tonight but......
    Tax return is always like a New Year resolution to me. Every year I promised myself I wouldn't wait until the last minute, but here I am again in the same hole. It will make it easier if I get any refunds, but I am fortunate enough to make a little contribution to Uncle Sam. Two more days to go and half way finished, I say I am doing good time wise this year.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How's this...
    I waited for the last minute because I owe a big chunk to the Feds.
    Rush to get taxes done before I leave for work in Alaska.
    The night before I leave I get a text saying they were refused by the IRS. Oh great!
    Thr, was finally able to get time to remote back into my home PC, with my wife's help, and figure out where I went wrong. Edited and resubmitted.
    All is well now from 4 time zones away!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Should have just sent them a note saying Bugger Off, Taxation is Theft.
    i hear they like that sort of banter.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How's this...
    I waited for the last minute because I owe a big chunk to the Feds.
    Rush to get taxes done before I leave for work in Alaska.
    The night before I leave I get a text saying they were refused by the IRS. Oh great!
    Thr, was finally able to get time to remote back into my home PC, with my wife's help, and figure out where I went wrong. Edited and resubmitted.
    All is well now from 4 time zones away!

This is the problem with waiting till the last minute. Some kind of problem pops up.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County

Prison rape is a good way of putting it.... I put mine off until yesterday. Thought I owed and was pleasantly surprised!! I owe Indiana but the Feds ow me a few bucks. Went right to the bar to celebrate!

Top Bottom