• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Taking a trip with the wife and kids to Gatlinburg in a month. We have an idea of some things we want to do, such as the aquarium and Dollywood. I haven’t been since I was in high school. Anybody have any other suggestions to visit while we are there? I will have my 4 year old and 1 year old with me, so bars are pretty much out.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Nascar museum & go cart racing, there is a Ripley's believe it or not museum and the Titantic museum.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We enjoyed the aquarium and titanic museum.

Oh and don't forget "Earthquake the ride" it's cheesy as hell and not worth the money but it's a blast after a couple of margaritas!:40oz:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We went on our bikes. Rented huge cabin above Dolly world in the hills. Way way up off the main road. Spent most of our time rolling the great scenic roads around that area. Spent maybe 1 whole day in town out of 5. Did this a few times. Never been to dolly world....:):

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I did read the aquarium has a Pearl Harbor exhibit right now. Looking forward to checking that out. We discussed the titanic museum, as all the other museums (wax museum, etc) looked more like kiddy attractions than educational. I did tell the wife I’m sneaking to at least 1 distillery, so maybe the moving theater can find a way into our schedule after

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been a while but my folks used to live in the Sevierville/Wears Valley area. Cade's Cove was pretty nice. Assuming the knifeworks is still a destination spot in the area. Townsend used to be a bit quieter area that was nice.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I don't know.

When I went with the wife we got drunk for free doing all the free tastings.
    :rockwoot:
    Cades Cove is a good one for family. If your outdoorsy and like bears.

ETA: the three times over the last two years I’ve been there, I’ve never seen a single bear! I don’t believe there are even bears in TN. The people in the condo next to us woke up to bears on their deck, but noooo, the onl thing I wanted to see while I was there were bears, and I get NOTHING!!!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    BTW, dump the kids on the wife for a couple hours and hit the tastings!

LOL we already talked about that. I definitely wanna go to sugarlands distillery, unless someone has a better suggestion.

I googled that cades cove, says the loop road (whatever that is) is closed for repavement.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Smoky Mountain Knife Works and Floyd Garrett Muscle car museum and the lower part of the Blue Ridge Parkway is nice.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    • Parrot Mountain
    • Dinner at the Greenbriar
    • Cades Cove, and the gravel road back north out of the cove. Make sure to stop and look at EVERYTHING. It is pretty interesting, if you like old stuff.
    • Is the Hill Billy Golf back up and running after the fire?
    • The new-ish outdoor mall with the Ferris Wheel is entertaining. Get some mass-produced 'shine.
    • Hit some of the old-school local restaurants, not the chains. Huck Finn's, and the pancake places.
    • Head up to Clingmans's Dome if the weather is clear. Highest point...
    • Lots of waterfalls you can walk/hike to. Grab a map at the GSM visitor's center.
    • If you have a LOT of time, check out the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad. It is all the way across the mountains, but might be worth the trip.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Tagged for later. I'll be heading down there in the fall.

I had only planned on the Smokey Mountain Knife Works so far.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Definitely race the concrete luge ober gatlinburg, the secret to winning is to never hit the brakes.

[video=youtube;yDYxOse9FxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDYxOse9FxI[/video]

Top Bottom