• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Ive been reading through verizon and yahoo user agreements and they are just plain scary.
    Is there an internet and cellular provider that has a more privacy friendly approach to personal data?

Please and thank you
    God bless
    Shred

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not really and the smaller players are usually just buying service in bulk from the big fish and reselling at a discount.

Keep in mind the user agreement basically says they can do whatever so customers can't complain rather than because they actually do anything with the data. It may also be because there's a grey area between improving service and spying ie caching frequently visited sites.

I'd worry a lot more about the device or other services on it than the ISP IE what windows, apple, or android are tracking.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ive been reading through verizon and yahoo user agreements and they are just plain scary.
    Is there an internet and cellular provider that has a more privacy friendly approach to personal data?

Please and thank you
    God bless
    Shred
    For e-mail you could run your own service. You really don't get that option with ISPs though you could get a VPN and encrypt your traffic with it. You'll have to decide whether the extra privacy is worth the costs. Things are free for a reason.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    For e-mail you could run your own service. You really don't get that option with ISPs though you could get a VPN and encrypt your traffic with it. You'll have to decide whether the extra privacy is worth the costs. Things are free for a reason.
    That is exactly what I do. I run my own COLO and I have a Site to Site VPN between my home network and my COLO. I route everything though my Colo. There is NOTHING my ISP can see other then the VPN traffic between me and my Colo.

Top Bottom