• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Earlier today, Little Miss Miguel got a flat tire on a very busy street in Indianapolis during rush hour. Tire was totally BTFO.

An anonymous stranger lent a hand and got her on her way.

If you are out there and reading this, thanks a million!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When I lived out west of Danville I had stopped for a coke at the little convenience store near the house. There was a lady in the store asking to borrow the phone because her car had broken down. Surprisingly they told her no and there wasn't a cell phone to be seen (this was about 18 years ago). She was standing outside visibly distraught and from what I'd heard of the conversation inside knew she lived near my house so I offered her a ride. She gave me the once over and I could see the hesitation in her face. I told her where I lived, etc and tried to reassure her that I was safe but ultimately it was up to her and it didn't matter to me one way or the other if she accepted but it was a couple of miles down the road.

She ultimately accepted and as we pulled into her driveway and she was getting out she thanked me for not being some kind of pervert. I told her she was welcome but that she was misreading me, I told her that I WAS a pervert just not the dangerous kind!:rockwoot::laugh: I would see her occasionally after that and we always got a good laugh out of it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I was about 19 (30+ years ago), I was driving south on I65 somewhere between Gary and Merrillville. It was about ten degrees outside. I saw an abandoned car on the side of the road, and then a while later, I saw someone in a brown parka walking down the road ahead of me. I pulled over and saw that it was a middle-aged African-American man. I asked if he needed a ride, and he said he needed to get to a gas station. He got in and I drove him to a station at the next exit, and then back to his car. He offered me $5 and said "Don't get me wrong, Miss. It's not that I'm ungrateful, but if you were my daughter, I'd whoop your ass. Please don't do this again or you might get yourself hurt."

These are different times now. I would definitely not do that again.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    When I was about 19 (30+ years ago), I was driving south on I65 somewhere between Gary and Merrillville. It was about ten degrees outside. I saw an abandoned car on the side of the road, and then a while later, I saw someone in a brown parka walking down the road ahead of me. I pulled over and saw that it was a middle-aged African-American man. I asked if he needed a ride, and he said he needed to get to a gas station. He got in and I drove him to a station at the next exit, and then back to his car. He offered me $5 and said "Don't get me wrong, Miss. It's not that I'm ungrateful, but if you were my daughter, I'd whoop your ass. Please don't do this again or you might get yourself hurt."

These are different times now. I would definitely not do that again.

So which revolver were you carrying that day?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My mom has had tires changed twice over the last several years. She's 90 now and hardly frail, but cars bewilder her. Does she call me? Of course not, I don't find out until afterward.

Top Bottom