• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    ...the timely delivery. Sitting here earlier today and hear a knock on the door. Go to door, its our mailperson with a certified letter. Sign for it, and see it came from a legal firm in Florida. Open it and see it's about the executor of my dad's estate, I thought all this had been taken care of long ago. Then I look at the post mark, June 3, 2016. :rolleyes:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It would be interesting to see the route that letter traveled. I sent a gift box to my brother in Sterling, CO in mid-December. When it didn't arrive in time for Christmas, I contacted the seller, in Birmingham, AL who gave me a USPS tracking number. The package left Birmingham, went to Atlanta, then Denver, about 2 hours from Sterling. The next stop was Newark, NJ where it disappeared never to be found. The seller did give me a refund and told me if it shows up, keep it. All it takes is somebody to miss one letter or number and your stuff could end up in Timbukthree.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Didn’t I just read about some mail person either dumping a bunch of mail in the woods or stashing it in their garage, or maybe both? They were either tired of working so hard or trying to demonstrate better delivery stats to their boss or something like that. Probably occurs more frequently than we are aware of and ends up being responsible for missing or lost mail. Lack of integrity by the employees.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got a Christmas card last April that was post marked mid December. It was sent from Michigan City/LaPorte area to Goshen. I could have walked it much quicker than that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife sent my son a bunch of gift cards while he was in college. They never arrived. She knew it was risky to send them in the mail and chaulked it up to shoulda known better. About a year later, my son graduates and moves out of the college apartment. About a week later, he gets a phone call from his room mate that he had something in the mail. Guess what it was...yep, gift cards.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Didn’t I just read about some mail person either dumping a bunch of mail in the woods or stashing it in their garage, or maybe both? They were either tired of working so hard or trying to demonstrate better delivery stats to their boss or something like that. Probably occurs more frequently than we are aware of and ends up being responsible for missing or lost mail. Lack of integrity by the employees.

I think that one was a few months ago. Seems to be happening more and more. Here’s one that just happened recently. Guy had mail that was over 10 years old. Hoarded 17,000 Pieces of mail.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I dropped my rent check off at the Post Office that the PO Box it was going to was located. Get a call "we didn't get your check, I'll check tomorrow", still no check, I had to pay a $50 late fee and drop it off at their house. The next month, it showed up with a note that it had been put in the wrong PO Box. They returned the late fee.

When I had a PO Box in Noblesville, it was so bad I had to have my insurance bill sent to my house because I would never get it in my PO Box. I would check the address with the company and get other mail from them, but the bill would never show up.

Top Bottom