• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm trying to stay sane. 10 more days on my weight restriction. I also can't drive. Can't do much until my sternum heals. I've ordered items for future projects but when they start arriving my wife might do me in.

Any good books or other ideas for passing time?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you like Game of Thrones, the books are awesome. Classics are always good: Robinson Crusoe, Treasure Island, The Odyssey, Red Badge of Courage. Some many "known" books, which surprisingly not man have actually read.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've been reading the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coban. They are mystery/suspense and the main character is a smart ass. Good humor and well written.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

His writing style is not for everyone, but I find it fascinating.
    His power of description is amazing, yet he leaves things intentionally vague.
    He lets the readers mind set the stage.

If you like Edgar Allen Poe you'll like H.P. Lovecraft.
    That, or you could try what my dad used to suggest when I said I was bored.
    He told me to, "go stand on your head in 10' of water and stack greasy BB's with a toothpick."

It does take some time...

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    The Book 13 Hours by Kris Paranto, Much Better than the Movie! He spoke at a luncheon a couple years ago in Ft. Wayne. He was slated for 30 minutes, he did 45+, Riveting the entire time.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Hopefully a full recovery and healthy times ahead. Picking up sticks and pine cones so for me. Tv watching and movies only go so long don’t they
    stay sane brother and hopefully you will be able to do more soon. At least the weather is getting better!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm looking balefully at the carpet, wishing I could run the vacuum. I get on youtube watching airplane videos and wind up either playing music too loud or watching conspiracy theory videos. I can drive, so I get to Kroger or Lowe's or Costco and walk until I can't anymore. I have a lathe and mill waiting for me to do some gunsmithery when it's warmed up enough, I really need to start up the hot tub, but starting up the hot tub is one of the reasons I need it start up. Plan your activities or drive yourself mad, one's as good as the other. John Scalzi has some good work, Old Man's War series is good ol' fashioned swashbuckling space, and Redshirts drags your brain in and before you know it, it has you in mental knots.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you like Game of Thrones, the books are awesome. Classics are always good: Robinson Crusoe, Treasure Island, The Odyssey, Red Badge of Courage. Some many "known" books, which surprisingly not man have actually read.

Solid advice, you can't go wrong by reading.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I started reading the GOT series. Like the others I would recommend them if you are fan of the show. Tom Clancy is good. Then there's always netflix. Recommend Stranger things only 2 seasons 17 or so episodes.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Start a hit list.

Too early?

Never too early... but my list is short and starlings are on the top of it. Getting pretty good with my Winchester 260 with aquillia collibri’s. Too bad longbow your little far away.. when your able anyone want to pick him up and head north? Trying to get ideas for making my range better and I’m open for ideas

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Start a hit list.

Too early?
    Never too early... but my list is short and starlings are on the top of it. Getting pretty good with my Winchester 260 with aquillia collibri’s. Too bad longbow your little far away.. when your able anyone want to pick him up and head north? Trying to get ideas for making my range better and I’m open for ideas

YES! LOL.

And, you two! Knock it off! LOL

Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn? A Connecticut yankee!
    The richest man in Babylon. Walt Tyler's rebellion. Born in blood.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I've got a couple of pigeons trying to nest up under our carport. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the pigeon **** all over the RV and boat so their days are numbered! Benjamin Pellet rifle is the weapon of choice for this hit!

Top Bottom