• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    What is there to do on a Friday afternoon?

I'll be down there on 5/4/18 to teach people how to test concrete. Once my class lets out around 3pm(ish) I'll be by myself and bored until bedtime. I'm considering taking something to shoot and finding a public range because it's been too long since I've had GPT, but that's just an idea. I'm open to other suggestions...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If you are serious about hitting the range, I could easily be talked into leaving work early and taking you to Red Brush, largest private range in the area.

Seems like a good excuse for an INGO meet and eat. Anyone want to gather and chat? Maybe chicken at Log Inn or Hilltop, Turronis for pizza?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If you are serious about hitting the range, I could easily be talked into leaving work early and taking you to Red Brush, largest private range in the area.

Seems like a good excuse for an INGO meet and eat. Anyone want to gather and chat? Maybe chicken at Log Inn or Hilltop, Turronis for pizza?

That sounds like fun. I'd probably only bring an AR and a couple of pistols. Won't have room in the truck for much else besides the work equipment.

I don't know my way around, or where anything is, except what the Google has shown me. I'll be working at the imi plant at 9th and Ohio, and I booked a hotel just a little west of there. Other than that, I have no idea where anything is, except Kentucky...I know that is south.

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Brain Sandwich at Hagedorns for lunch ( just 3 mins from the IMI plant). Then Turonis on Main St for Pizza and some Craft Beer after work.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That sounds like fun. I'd probably only bring an AR and a couple of pistols. Won't have room in the truck for much else besides the work equipment.

I don't know my way around, or where anything is, except what the Google has shown me. I'll be working at the imi plant at 9th and Ohio, and I booked a hotel just a little west of there. Other than that, I have no idea where anything is, except Kentucky...I know that is south.

There is a local gun store near your hotel called Buck & Jake's on Pearl Drive. Red Brush Rifle Range is way east of there in Warrick County, a couple miles north of the large Alcoa plant at Hwy 66 & Hwy 61.,

Consider the range thing an open invite. And for serious, let's try to get at least a few INGO folks together for dinner. I named the above restaurants for their local flavor/nature. Could add the Gerst House (German) or Smitty's Italian Steak House (less of a steak house, more mixed Italian/American).

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is a local gun store near your hotel called Buck & Jake's on Pearl Drive. Red Brush Rifle Range is way east of there in Warrick County, a couple miles north of the large Alcoa plant at Hwy 66 & Hwy 61.,

Consider the range thing an open invite. And for serious, let's try to get at least a few INGO folks together for dinner. I named the above restaurants for their local flavor/nature. Could add the Gerst House (German) or Smitty's Italian Steak House (less of a steak house, more mixed Italian/American).

As long as I can get to the range and have time to shoot before closing time I'm game. Google said the hotel is 31 minutes from the range, but I don't necessarily need to go to the hotel first, I could leave straight from imi. I like shooting guns with *crazy* gun nuts I met on the internet.

And of course, I'll need to eat, too. I'm all for a meet and eat. I like German food, but I'll eat just about anything. You name a place and we can get a separate event thread started.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    As long as I can get to the range and have time to shoot before closing time I'm game. Google said the hotel is 31 minutes from the range, but I don't necessarily need to go to the hotel first, I could leave straight from imi. I like shooting guns with *crazy* gun nuts I met on the internet.

And of course, I'll need to eat, too. I'm all for a meet and eat. I like German food, but I'll eat just about anything. You name a place and we can get a separate event thread started.

gerst house has great food, and if you get time, next door is a gunshop, if your still in town on Saturday, I work at the shop, stop in and say hi, another place you can enjoy good food at is lamasco tavern (I eat breakfast there every Saturday before heading to the gunshop, if you eat the breakfast burrito, you wont be hungry till dinner!)

redbrush is open till midnight on Friday's and Saturdays and if by chance you come in early enough on Thursday, we have a pin shoot that's open to the public (22 rimfire only) that i'll be at (2 bucks each for pistol and rifle, you don't have to shoot both) it starts at 6pm with the rifle starting as soon as pistol is over. the latest I get home is about 10, and I live about 20 min's away from the range.

I could be talked into meeting you/snorko at the range on Friday,(I get off at 4but I work in Henderson ky, so it'd be at least 5 before I get to the range) but i'll have to skip turronis, as a fat diabetic who's trying to avoid getting yelled at by his doctor, pizza is off my menu! (and so is most foods!)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I thought about coming down on Thursday, but I'm going to wait until Fri morning. My schedule is pretty tight (except Friday evening):

Friday:
    Drive to Evansville before the sun - be at imi around 730am local time :faint:
    Teach people how to test concrete til sometime in the afternoon (3ish?)
    Shoot/eat? :dunno:

Saturday:
    Proctor the exam while people test concrete til 11ish
    Drive to Vincennes to visit family and eat lunch
    Drive to Terre Haute to eat dinner and spend the night with family

Sunday:
    Drive to Indy

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'll pm you my cell. Let me know before you come down if hitting the range is on and I will bring my stuff with me and force myself to leave work early. My offices are downtown, I can see IMI from here, and it will be easy to meet up then convoy to the range.

As for dinner - German it is. I will start a thread in the Break Room about dinner around 6:30 at Gerst House Friday May 4th. If enough respond I will make reservations.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'll pm you my cell. Let me know before you come down if hitting the range is on and I will bring my stuff with me and force myself to leave work early. My offices are downtown, I can see IMI from here, and it will be easy to meet up then convoy to the range.

As for dinner - German it is. I will start a thread in the Break Room about dinner around 6:30 at Gerst House Friday May 4th. If enough respond I will make reservations.

:rockwoot:

Party on, Wayne!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    sorry snorko and jagee, due to a really bad day (dogs catching a squirrel, cat peeing on my bed, new glasses coming in) my friday afternoon went south fast, i ended up doing chores all night, and i still need to cut my grass (and my mower is shot)

maybe next time
    sorry
    Russell

Top Bottom