• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    The wife and I are thinking of heading to Nashville on Sunday on the bike. My problem is that my bike doesn't have enough storage for 2 full face helmets and 2 jackets. I can fit one or the other, but not both.

Does anyone know if there's a place to stash such gear so I don't have to wear an armored jacket or carry a helmet all day while we wander around and stuff our faces with food?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Dude.....just throw them over the bike. Nobody is going to mess with biker gear. I leave my helmet perched on my mirror and throw my jacket over my windscreen. Not to sound like an internet tough guy.....but anybody that touches biker gear that isn't theirs is in for trouble.

If you're really worried, get a small cord lock, and lock your helmets to your bike.

Don't ride without safety gear because you don't have lockable storage.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dude.....just throw them over the bike. Nobody is going to mess with biker gear. I leave my helmet perched on my mirror and throw my jacket over my windscreen. Not to sound like an internet tough guy.....but anybody that touches biker gear that isn't theirs is in for trouble.

If you're really worried, get a small cord lock, and lock your helmets to your bike.

Don't ride without safety gear because you don't have lockable storage.

This ^^^^. But if you want to go secure so you don’t have to worry...

Get a length of thin steel cable from Lowe’s with some cable clamps and make your own cables to run through the sleeve of the jackets and d rings of the helmets Hook it over the helmet tabs that are probably under your seat or padlock them to the frame.
    You can make whatever length you need for multiple items.

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    I have ridden my motorcycle to Nashville and left my jacket and helmet unsecured on the bike for hours while I was there with no problems. Of course both looked pretty ratty and I doubt anybody would want them.
    Just say'n

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Park in the lot on the far north end of the street. The old guy is always there and keeps a good eye on the bikes!
    plus, it’s Nashville... not Indy!

I think cars are $5.00, bikes $2.00 iirc!?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your bike doesn't have a helmet lock on it? What about using one of those cheap cable locks that come with handguns?

I lock up my helmet not so much to prevent theft, but to keep kids from playing with it or it getting knocked off.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Your bike doesn't have a helmet lock on it? What about using one of those cheap cable locks that come with handguns?

I lock up my helmet not so much to prevent theft, but to keep kids from playing with it or it getting knocked off.

I've got a small cable lock (gun lock actually), that works for my helmet. I've also got a small topbox on the back. I'm good for storing the gear of 1 person, just not 2, and a set of side cases is out of the budget right now, especially if I want the good ones.

We'll probably pick up a longer bicycle cable lock for both helmets and wedge the jackets into the topbox.

The good news is she won't be able to buy a bunch of crap while we are there since we won't have an SUV to haul it all home in. :D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So a painted saw is out of the question?

Good.

Jackets are always tricky. I found if you wad it up, you'll just mess up the protective pads. I tend to either wear it, or set it on the windshield like a hangar. The fact that I haven't washed it in many years dissuades theft.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sorry the term biker cracks me up when I hear it freely used. Doent mean what it used to. When I was a kid and I heard the term biker i would think of unshowered fringe elements of society most likely with a criminal history and attached to organized crime. A true tough guy you wouldnt wanna mess with.
    Now when I hear biker, I associate it with middle age crisis and balding fat guys with 2 week facial hair wearing high end un-aged or force aged leathers and rolexes signifying the modern American Male has made it.
    I cant wait to get there :):

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I don't really have the disposable income to be a 'biker' according to Trigger's definition. I'm just your average motorcyclist right now. Someday, though, someday....

8ZVrEO5.jpg

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    If you think your wife cannot buy much, you are mistaken. Many places will now ship the item you buy to your home for a small fee. Ask me what was waiting for us after a 4 week trip out west on our motorcycle. Sigh...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Democrats?

i usually just leave my jacket and backpack on the bike. It’s nashville, and if you park in the lot with the booth nobody will mess with it.
    That’s the one.
    and yes, like a few of us mentioned, it’s Nashville! I’ve left my jacket draped over the seat (I don’t normally wear a helmet) and never had a problem. Most people aren’t dumb enough to be messing with bikes, and there’s usually too many eyes to get by with it.

Top Bottom