• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Anyone still have some of their old Matchbox, and Hot Wheels cars from childhood? I have mine in Glass door cases on opposite side of the living room that interestingly enough, I got of an INGO classified thread a few years ago. Guy said he used to collect Zippos.

YFdOOTv.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anyone still have some of their old Matchbox, and Hot Wheels cars from childhood?
    I have mine in Glass door cases on opposite side of the living room that interestingly enough, I got of an INGO classified thread a few years ago. Guy said he used to collect Zippos.

Yes, I still have all my Matchbox cars from when I was a kid in the early to mid 1960's.

I have several, but not near the number you have.
    They're all in mint condition.

But like an idiot, I threw the the little boxes they came in away when I was kid. ;)

I have them in the drawered plastic carrying case box that Matchbox made in those days.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have some of those still...in the double sided open carrying case from Hot Wheels and some storage bins. Very cool. Apparently though, you were much more careful playing with yours. My Hot Wheels track (which I still have and both my kids played with) took a toll; especially the loop the loop sections.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All of my old slot cars/hot wheels/match book/electric trains were stored in my dads per his request. When he passed none could be found. There were a lot of them.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve been collecting hot wheels for quite a few years, but have none of the ones I had when I was a kid. Ebay is your friend, though, and I’ve scored some mint condition cars from the early 70s, that I used to own. I just recently bought the pair of cars that came with the thunder shift 500 set, I still have the box and some of the track, but my original cars were long gone, so I jumped on ebay and found both the Monte Carlo and Torino! They are both in better condition than the ones I had, and I picked em both up for under $20 shipped. I recent years, I just buy as many current ones as I can, and don’t open the pack, they all go straight into large plastic totes, I’m not even sure how many I have, but it’s well into 5 figures.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    With the way they Mass produce everything nowadays for instance " rare collector item one of 10 million made" does it really make any sense to buy one of everything that comes out in the hopes that 20 or 30 years from now it will be worth two or three times what you paid for it since there was so many made in the first place?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My son plays with my old Hot Wheels from the late 70's. I thought I had wore them out but they just keep on smashin'. (His words)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    With the way they Mass produce everything nowadays for instance " rare collector item one of 10 million made" does it really make any sense to buy one of everything that comes out in the hopes that 20 or 30 years from now it will be worth two or three times what you paid for it since there was so many made in the first place?
    Me personally? I don’t give a **** what they’re going for 20-30 years from now, I just like to collect them. If a few of em happen to be worth something years from now, great, for somebody else, it won’t do me any good. Some people just like to collect certain things.

Also, there are a few series of cars each year they don’t make 10 million of, and I have quite a few complete sets from recent years that are worth way more than I paid for them, who knows what they’ll be worth in years to come, I guess my kids or grandchildren will find out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom