• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    This is a good idea. Does IMPD have the resources to do this?

[video=youtube;lvfRKiMAsDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvfRKiMAsDc[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Please school me on the "Concerns" we should have.
    We can let the LEO's do this or...???

Yeah I think that part of the video was hamfisted in. What privacy issues does this present?

If there's a problem area, there's nothing wrong with a "sting operation" of sorts... like a bait car.

Hell, I'd do something like this myself if I had people stealing my packages. I've been fortunate that, with the high volume of stuff I order that gets left out on the porch, that hasn't been an issue.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The privacy argument was stupid. I also think the argument against using higher value items to up the charges is stupid. Don’t steal things off other people’s property and they won’t have to worry about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The privacy argument was stupid. I also think the argument against using higher value items to up the charges is stupid. Don’t steal things off other people’s property and they won’t have to worry about it.

Exactly. Play stupid games.........This was spoken like a Lawyer looking for work.

I am referring to the girly man in the video.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    You guys might enjoy this. Fast foward to 1:19 if you don't want to watch the whole video.

[video=youtube;MiAYcFoEkNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiAYcFoEkNc[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stealing: bad
    Stealing packages from porch: bad
    Having video surveillance: good and unfortunately necessary
    Helping LEOs catch porch thieves, getting the word out they will get caught: good.
    An explosive device on your porch: not on my porch!!
    GPS trackers and specifics on the package contents along with video: very good

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    You guys might enjoy this. Fast foward to 1:19 if you don't want to watch the whole video.

[video=youtube;MiAYcFoEkNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiAYcFoEkNc[/video]

Wait till the forthcoming lawsuit where she sues the property owner! That kind of **** is happening in England so it won't be long till they're doing it here!!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Exactly. It's not yours don't take it. It's theft. Besides isn't stealing mail still a felony? Or is packages that are left out kind of like cars with the keys in them? It's okay to take if it's not yours

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Exactly. It's not yours don't take it. It's theft. Besides isn't stealing mail still a felony? Or is packages that are left out kind of like cars with the keys in them? It's okay to take if it's not yours

Stealing mail is a felony, but if it isn't USPS it's not mail. Fedex/ups/etc is just considered standard theft.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yeah...if it's in a standard shipping box, how would a their know s/he was actually stealing a high value item? On the other hand, I'm guessing that's exactly what they're hoping to get. They'd probably not be happy with my dental floss order.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I first read the title to this thread, my first thought was, "Is there really that big a problem with packages of artificial fishing baits being stolen?" :scratch::):

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Stealing: bad
    Stealing packages from porch: bad
    Having video surveillance: good and unfortunately necessary
    Helping LEOs catch porch thieves, getting the word out they will get caught: good.
    An explosive device on your porch: not on my porch!!
    GPS trackers and specifics on the package contents along with video: very good

Doesn't have to be HE. Maybe just a firecracker and some dog poo. or a tear-gas canister.

Top Bottom