• ...and so much more!
  • RUGGIERO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Chesapeake
    Hi all,

I'll be moving to the Indianapolis area sometime in the next few months. I'm still job searching within 80 miles of Muncie, IN. I'm a Chemical Engineer with 3-4 years of experience including time in the Nuclear and Mechanical fields. If anyone on here knows of any openings in their company, I would be happy to forward my resume. I'm currently interviewing with a couple companies but am always looking for recommendations from people that live in the area and that love the employer that they work for. I provided a link (below) to my Virginia Gun Trader profile so you all can see that I'm not a robot or spammer (just switching sites). Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Anthony

UBB Message | VA Gun Trader

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry I can't help with the chemical engineering aspect.
    My best knowledge of the subject is that you don't mix bleach and ammonia.

I did want to welcome you to Ingo and Indiana.
    I'm sure there will be opportunities to practice your trade in the area/
    You mentioned within 80 miles of Muncie.
    Have you considered the Lafayette area?
    Purdue research park has a LOT of high tech businesses.

One that comes to mind is SSCI short for Solid State Chemical Information

SSCI
    3065 Kent Ave.
    West Lafayette, In. 47906
    800-375-2179

I'm a local contractor and I have had the honor of having a half dozen or so customers from this one company.
    If you do get hired on, and move into the area, I would be glad to assist you as well.

Good luck.

RUGGIERO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Chesapeake
    Thanks for all the tips. I'll make sure to get on those companies' websites and start looking for open positions. Any additional tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Elanco and Covance are both located in Greenfield (maybe 30-45 minutes south of Muncie), may have something that lines up with your background

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Depends on what you want to do. If you're more into the process side of things, as CEs tend to be, you might check out manufacturing like Lilly. Covance doesn't really manufacture anything but I'm sure they would have some compliance needs from a CE. There are also paint companies and other things you could look at. Indeed.com is a great resource.

RUGGIERO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Chesapeake
    Thank you! I've applied to many through Indeed, LinkedIn, etc. Hoping to find someone on the inside that may be able to help me out :) I have not applied to some of the companies listed above; I'll get on that today

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I asked one of my customers from SSCI what it was they did for a living.
    He got what I can only describe as a "thousand yard stare" and said meekly, "I crystallize things".

Their work is far beyond my comprehension, but I do know they do a lot of research for other companies.
    Seems like it might be a fascinating job.

Everyone I know that works there likes their jobs, and it evidently pays well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    In addition to Lilly, Elanco and Covance, there is also a fairly sizable Roche campus in the area. That said, no idea if the portion of Roche that is here in Indy would have openings related to chemical engineering or not.

Top Bottom