• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Today I just learned about the bacon turtle burger. Oh my... gonna have to make a few of these this week. I think you'd probably have to bake it though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think you'd probably have to bake it though.

Why would you have to bake it? I don't eat anything wrapped in bacon like this because the backside of the bacon looks like it just came out of the package but indirect heat in a grill or smoker would get it cooked to safe temps. Once the internal is just below what you want it finished at you could move over the coals (or gas burners if you hate yourself) and sear it to your liking.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Isn’t indirect heat baking? :)

just meant couldn’t toss it over a flame. I’m not a grilling expert in any way. Will need to experiment a bit

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Isn’t indirect heat baking? :)

just meant couldn’t toss it over a flame. I’m not a grilling expert in any way. Will need to experiment a bit

Maybe to the unwashed. Baking in an oven is very different than grilling/smoking over indirect heat. Unless your oven is hella funky it won't be imparting any flavor to your food stuffs. :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Maybe to the unwashed. Baking in an oven is very different than grilling/smoking over indirect heat. Unless your oven is hella funky it won't be imparting any flavor to your food stuffs. :)

Phylo and Indiucky.....It's all about Weller's and lump charcoal....Both things we love are about charred oak....We must be descended from Druids....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Looks delicious!

Hope to fire up my grill this weekend if the weather holds out.

Picked up some beef tenderloins from the local butcher shop. Threw them babies on the grill. Fork friggin tender. A bit on the pricey side, but man were they good.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylo and Indiucky.....It's all about Weller's and lump charcoal....Both things we love are about charred oak....We must be descended from Druids....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Never really considered that but you are absolutely right. The very best BBQ I've ever had was smoked over oak so there must be something to that.

Top Bottom