• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Does anyone know if there is a distracted driving government grant for local marion county law enforcement agencies? I know someone who was pulled over and given a distracted driving warning for talking on their cell phone. Had a cute little pamphlet they handed out and everythjng. Seems like a money maker to me and not anything to do with law enforcement since talking on your cell phone isnt against the law in indiana. Must be waisted federal or local tax money paying for overtime. Meanwhile on real matters like theft you cant even get a detective to call you back.
    If someone is texting and driving or not paying attention to the road then nail them but if you're just trying to get a certain number of interactions to meet a quota to get some free gear and picking on innocent drivers thats ****ty. Flame on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It really depends on what kind of attention they were paying to actually "Driving" as I see it multiple times every day. Talking.....driving....no worries.
    Talking....non-driving idiot.....yup. Get them off the streets.

Again, I see this multiple times every day.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I must moved here form Illinois, where it is illegal to talk on your cell phone and drive; unless you have hands free - IF You are over 19 y/o. The law is stiffer when it comes to school zones and construction zones.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Either there was more to it, or the Officer misunderstood what he/she was doing with the phone. It’s not illegal to talk on your phone so you can’t pull someone over for it. Distracted driving is a HUGE problem though. I saw a guy swerving all over the place the other day because his head was in his lap.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Either there was more to it, or the Officer misunderstood what he/she was doing with the phone. It’s not illegal to talk on your phone so you can’t pull someone over for it. Distracted driving is a HUGE problem though. I saw a guy swerving all over the place the other day because his head was in his lap.
    I think the officer didnt really care and was just filling a quota. I trust this person and I've also never seen them ever do anything on their phone while driving other than a call. They are a Former first responder too whose seen plenty of idiots with their heads split open.

If someone breaks a law even if it's stupid, they earned what they get. I dont consider no texting and driving a stupid law. People are always causing accidents because of it

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    I passed some idiot on 465 yesterday who was weaving like he was drunk. I went to give him the stare when I went around him. He couldn’t see me because he was too busy reading a book.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I passed some idiot on 465 yesterday who was weaving like he was drunk. I went to give him the stare when I went around him. He couldn’t see me because he was too busy reading a book.

I have seen this as well. Laptops, books, cells, reading the freaking paper......WTF people, drive the car. Just drive the damn car.

Yes, this crap seriously Pi$$es me off.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why does it seem like these people so engrossed in their phones like to drive in the left lane? Not all of them but it seems like whenever you come up to someone driving 10mph under the limit in the passing lane, when you finally get around them, they're looking at their phones.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why does it seem like these people so engrossed in their phones like to drive in the left lane? Not all of them but it seems like whenever you come up to someone driving 10mph under the limit in the passing lane, when you finally get around them, they're looking at their phones.

Because it is all about them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Same reason the jerkoffs dont move over for other drivers. I wish they would put up signs saying it's the law like other states have. Not that it would matter to some.

Yep..."if you're in that big of a hurry, you should have left yesterday". I can hear it now.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Same reason the jerkoffs dont move over for other drivers. I wish they would put up signs saying it's the law like other states have. Not that it would matter to some.

Left-lane Larry pisses me right off. I also can’t stand the people who pull out in front of you on a 2-lane road when there is nobody behind you for miles.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Again....it is all about them.
    Yesterday I had some guy in standstill traffic not paying attention in a lane next to me. So I put on my turn signal and merged in front into the THREE CAR gap in his lane. Once I was half way into the lane the guy floors his gas paddle and almost hits me and lays on his horn. I just called him a ****ing idiot to my buddy riding with me and continue on. I didnt throw a finger up at him or anything, no point. He couldn't see or hear me call him a name either, no point escalating anything.
    What the hell is wrong with people? He should have been paying attention but even still it wasnt my fault that he intentionally tried to at that point to hit me. It was too late to cut me off so he was just having a road rage issue

Top Bottom