• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Thought I would start this thread to see if there might be any other heli heads on INGO. I never saw these at Ft. Rucker.:ar15:
    7DRfbn6.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thought I would start this thread to see if there might be any other heli heads on INGO. I never saw these at Ft. Rucker.:ar15:
    7DRfbn6.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Saw several at Ft. Bliss, and MacGregor Range, they were the OPFOR for a multinational training operation. Not painted nearly as cool though.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Air Force Special Operations has a unit that flies Hinds, HiPs, and several other foreign aircraft as an OPFOR Unit everyday. Talk about a cool job!

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Love the Hind's always looked intimidating just like our AH-64's...but my favorite that I started flying at Ft. Rucker was the OH-58 Kiowa.
    6nvwAeO.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I damn near grew up on Ft Rucker. Helicopters all day everyday.... and night, when you'd hear them out at the range opening up. Met Nicolas Cage at the opening of "Firebirds," I think Gen. Rudolph Ostovich was the post commander back then.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    I damn near grew up on Ft Rucker. Helicopters all day everyday.... and night, when you'd hear them out at the range opening up. Met Nicolas Cage at the opening of "Firebirds," I think Gen. Rudolph Ostovich was the post commander back then.

Loved that movie "Firebirds" especially the chase sequences.

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Anybody at mother rucker currently? Know of anybody down there? Are they using the LUH-72 as a trainer yet?

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    I was down there in the early 80's working for Halliburton. Closest I get too flying now is my nephew who flies an Agusta 109 for the Maryland State Police.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Anybody at mother rucker currently? Know of anybody down there? Are they using the LUH-72 as a trainer yet?

They should be Airbus is using the Eurocopter UH-72 for military & EMS. Have you seen this new Airbus corporate ship? pretty sharp
    1Kq8wua.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    94oIkCh.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    AH-64

Are you sure that's an AH-64? A prototype maybe? I've been around a few and it just doesn't look right to me.

ah-64d-apache-helicopters.jpg

I've had a few close calls. One that sticks with me is when a couple of AH-64's couldn't figure out if we were friend or foe and kept popping up over a hill to check us out. I was dreading hearing the pop-pop-pop of the chain gun or the whoosh of a missile each time they emerged. Our RTO was calling everyone they could think of to get the message to the Apaches that we were friendly.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

One of our INGO members is currently at Fort Rucker. I don't know if he wants it public or not so I won't name him but he is on here frequently.

Top Bottom