• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would INGO do with ~1 yr old REI merch?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I found a receipt in my car from REI. ~$150 + a membership fee, ~$30 I think. It's still within the 1 year return policy although I've gotten some good use out of the item. I did confirm in-store that they have removed all Camelback and other [STRIKE]Freedom Group[/STRIKE] Vista Outdoors merchandise. This puts them in the "Dick's" category for me. No more of my $ will be spent in either store. Question is do I step foot in that store to return the merch or not. What would INGO do?

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    You purchased the item, were satisfied with the purchase, and used the item. It is now your item to use/destroy as you please. The membership fee is just a sunk cost at this point.

To me, returning the item would be unethical.
    Destroying it is just dumb. Your money was already spent, you have the item, now you destroy the item and have to spend more money on similar item from different store. Waste of money IMO.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    It's REI. REI was granola before granola was cool, so it is what it is. Earned money from a dividend is earned money.

Dick's always had janky gear and can't compete with REI for local, quality outdoor gear. Neither is a store built for gunslingers.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Destroying it is just dumb. Your money was already spent, you have the item, now you destroy the item and have to spend more money on similar item from different store. Waste of money IMO.

Concur.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You purchased the item, were satisfied with the purchase, and used the item. It is now your item to use/destroy as you please. The membership fee is just a sunk cost at this point.

This.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

What squirrel said....

f6d060b26b75ec4362112f957fe20bc1.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's REI. REI was granola before granola was cool, so it is what it is. Earned money from a dividend is earned money.

Dick's always had janky gear and can't compete with REI for local, quality outdoor gear. Neither is a store built for gunslingers.

Mods!!!!!

jsx1043's avatar is making me hungry and wanting to go to my bunk........

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Return it and not think twice.

They made their choice against our Constitution. You and I can make our choice against their continued existence.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom