• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am sick at my stomach. Prayers for the hurting.

Well ****. I had heard the guy had something believed to be a shotgun. I generally think negatively of homeschooling, but it looks more and more attractive every day.

When my kids were of that age, I never gave it a thought. If they were of that age now, I'd have to believe HS is something I'd seriously consider.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems like an epidemic failure of our society.

It is like the dam has broken and all the psycho's are running amok.
    I will lay odds this one has a trail of mental issues. The gene pool has gone seriously soft.

Here comes the next assault wave on the 2-A

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is like the dam has broken and all the psycho's are running amok.
    I will lay odds this one has a trail of mental issues. The gene pool has gone seriously soft.

Here comes the next assault wave on the 2-A

I don't think it's as much nature as it is nurture.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think it's as much nature as it is nurture.

By nature, we're all fallen, pitiful, sinful beings. Some of us are more bent towards evil than others. But yeah, proper nurturing, grounding, training, and discipline can overcome the pedestrian evil impulses most of us have. But the reward of fame and whatever momentary quench of that thirst for vengeance seems to be overwhelming what little civilizing we are accomplishing with our kids.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well ****. I had heard the guy had something believed to be a shotgun. I generally think negatively of homeschooling, but it looks more and more attractive every day.

I don't think negatively of homeschooling, but I do think negatively of "unschooling". I'll also say I think more positively of accredited home study programs over home-schoolers developing their own curriculum.

As far as homeschooling because of high school shootings, remember that way more kids die from texting and driving than mass shootings at school. We hear about every shooting at a national level, and the more common dangers of school are only broadcast locally. So it just seems to happen often enough that it makes us think it happens all the time. Imagine if every tragic death were reported nationally with wall-to-wall coverage. I think we'd all ago around thinking we're all going to die tomorrow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    By nature, we're all fallen, pitiful, sinful beings. Some of us are more bent towards evil than others. But yeah, proper nurturing, grounding, training, and discipline can overcome the pedestrian evil impulses most of us have. But the reward of fame and whatever momentary quench of that thirst for vengeance seems to be overwhelming what little civilizing we are accomplishing with our kids.

I have not yet read any info on this. I want to see whats actually going on before forming a solid opinion beyond another bat Poo crazy nut job has ran amok.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think what you might call "fallen" has an evolutional perspective for those who prefer that narrative. If our nature has evolved through natural selection--some instinctive behaviors tending to be reproduced more often than others--it's kinda like certain events run through various subroutines, where given the inputs, an understanding of the algorithms, make the output predictable.

Some things that seem evident, at a societal level; we're not teaching kids, especially boys, how to handle adversity. Life and living with other people is full of adversity. Then we show them non-stop coverage on CNN, the way to cope is to get even.

There's a reason kids think this is the right way to handle whatever is their problem. There's a reason that it's boys do mass shootings and not girls.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think the FBI needs to start re-allocating resources to high-school terrorism v. jihadists. Seems more people are getting killed by pimple-faced morons than by guys yelling Aloha Snackbar.

And yes, the FBI has been involved in other cases...and seems to have dropped the ball.

Top Bottom