• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm gonna geek out for a bit here. I was brought up on Trek, was 5 yrs old when Next Generation first debuted. Those of you who were also at one point Trekkies and followed the show from the start (or jumped in later on), when the TNG versions of the hand phaser were first seen, did any of you right away recognize them as "sidearms"?

image.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I actually remember thinking that they were probably going to copy Star Wars, and be some sort of laser sword.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The question is...

Would you give up your traditional self defence gun in exchange for a fully functional, all modes enabled phaser?
    :popcorn:

As well as the observation that in the utopian future a LOT of people still seem to be carrying at all times (and OC seems to have won out)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No bad guy bodies to bury after zapping them with a phaser.

...and no evidence. Got a tree stump to move? Zap it. Pile of trash in the backyard? Zap it. Neighbor won't move that eyesore vehicle on blocks out of the front yard? Zap it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    ...and no evidence. Got a tree stump to move? Zap it. Pile of trash in the backyard? Zap it. Neighbor won't move that eyesore vehicle on blocks out of the front yard? Zap it.

You're right, lots of practical uses.

I always looked at the light saber as the ultimate chain saw.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Here;s some of my favorites. Note the Option 5 is an IN product. ALL WILL DO THE JOB. hECK, ONE EVEN HAS A TRACTOR BEAM......

images
    images
    images
    images

images
    images
    images
    images

Z
    Z
    9k=

9k=
    2Q==
    Z
    9k=
    Z

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Neighbor won't move that eyesore vehicle on blocks out of the front yard? Zap it.

Kut is channeling his inner Kirk.

There are a few small towns I know of that would drain several phasers cleaning up. The problem I have found is once you clean it up people take it as a challenge to get it back to the way it was or worse, very quickly.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I first started watching TNG, I didn't recognize it as a sidearm until someone threw down. Even then, it looked more like a massager than a weapon. At least the later models looked a little more ergonomic. I never saw any sights on any of them though. Those little flip-phone sized Type I phasers look like a ***** to aim.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Phasers are strong in terms of destructive power. Unfortunately, they cycle too slowly to be of much use to a skilled shooter engaging multiple threats.

Top Bottom