• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Haven't seen anything posted on this. Wondering if anyone saw it and wants to share an opinion. From IMDB:

12 Strong tells the story of the first Special Forces team deployed to Afghanistan after 9/11; under the leadership of a new captain, the team must work with an Afghan warlord to take down the Taliban.

It came out on dvd today, snagged it from the library.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    It is a decent war movie - maybe 7/10. The same guy that plays Thor in all the recent superhero movies is the captain. Battle scenes are interesting and generally realistic. This movie is supposed to be based on a true story. It's worth the 2 hours to watch it.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I enjoyed the movie. As said above, the action is good. Character development was good. I was stunned at the end to see it was based on real events. I was not a fan of the last big fight scene. Did not seem possible to me.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I took my wife to the movies to go see it. She protested but at the end of it she liked it. That’s the first war type movie she has liked and she loves the Atypical action movies... she’s awesome. Plus I liked it. Might look for it later on to buy.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well I did like it. The final battle scene is over the top but it IS a movie.

Main lesson, having a B52 on call is a heck of a force multiplier.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    The movie loosely follows the book. If you want a very good read, I would strongly suggest you pick up The Horse Soldiers which is the book the movie is based on.

Dirty Steve

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Same history: Netflix show "Legion of Brothers". I thought it was a great watch. For sure it was recent history I wasn't aware of. More of a documentary and made by CNN productions or something similar. I just remember seeing "CNN something" in the opening credits, rolled my eyes and expected to have to take everything with a grain of salt. I don't remember seeing anything that resembled pushing a plot or point to support some stance.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Very cheesy and Hollywood. Well, I guess that would be the same. Not sure who was the technical director/consultant on this movie but I can assure you it wasnt the likes of a Buck Doyle.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You don't say? What planet where you living on in the fall of 2001 when all this stuff went on? :):

I remember getting the CJ paper with the huge photo of them leading a charge on horseback and Rumsfeld reading the emal he received from the officer in command...I liked how they used the actual clip for that scene....

I may end up displaying one of the saddles they used in the shop...A regular, a vet, was supply sgt there at the base they were out of about six months after....He said three of the horses were still there and all twelve saddles....The horses he said were kind of old and small by our standards...He fed them as if they were fellow veterans....When he was getting ready to head back to the states he asked the officer in charge if he could have one of the saddles...the officer said he could but Uncle Sam was not paying to ship it home...

I know some of you may doubt this man...I don't...I've known him for six years and he is a very honest man.....If I get to display it I will let INGO know.....

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    I thought it was a pretty entertaining and interesting film. I didn't like it as much as Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down, but it was way better than American Sniper IMO. That's a really cool story indiucky. I hope you end up getting to display it, that would be a really interesting piece of recent history to see.

Top Bottom