• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I am in Beech Grove and have very few issues. In the rare event that I do, it usually only lasts a few minutes (during the heaviest of storms). For reference we have had it for 6 years, and have probably had less than 8 signal interruptions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you have a clear line of site for the satellite you will be fine save for the worst storms.
    Snow can build on the dish causing issues on rare occasions.
    Nothing is trouble free.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rock solid except for heavy thunderstorms or snow buildup. Have them mount the dish where you can reach it for snow. I had mine mounted on a pole instead of the house. They will do what you tell them if you're insistent.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    had ours since last fall. Had one issue of snow build up over the winter, but it was a heavy snow and a lot of it. Took a broom handle and knocked it off. I think twice we've lost it in heavy rain storms. all in all, I am happy I cut the cable cord.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We cut cable last year, and went with Directtv, we love it! Picture quality is far better than cable ever was. We did our internet through Direct as well, which I guess is ATT? and it is far superior to what we had with Time Warner. As others have said, heavy storms will temporarily interupt the signal, but I'm thinking, and I could be wrong, you can still watch DVR programming.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We cut cable last year, and went with Directtv, we love it! Picture quality is far better than cable ever was. We did our internet through Direct as well, which I guess is ATT? and it is far superior to what we had with Time Warner. As others have said, heavy storms will temporarily interupt the signal, but I'm thinking, and I could be wrong, you can still watch DVR programming.

When we loose signal there is no DVR.
    Unless we are doing something wrong.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would also NOT let them mount the dish to the shingled area of your roof.
    It's not uncommon for leaks to develop eventually.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You'll get solar fade a few times twice a year as well, but that goes for any system in geosynchronous orbit, and it's only a few minutes outside peak watching times.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I forgot about the internet side of things. If you're a heavy internet user see if AT&T fiber is available. It will destroy any cable based internet. The slowest speed they offer is 100 Mbps and you get both download and upload speed. You could do an off-site backup in less than a month.

Top Bottom