• ...and so much more!
  • Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Hello,
    I need a family law attorney that practices in the Marion/ Johnson County area. My ex is not doing right by me in regards to my girls, refusing
    to allow communication, playing games, violating our order and the parent time guidelines at her whim and more.

I am looking for a real person an attorney that is aggressive and takes their work personal, not just treat everyone as dollar signs.

Anyone have good success with anyone?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Document everything, even after you find the right attorney. Keep a daily journal of EVERY SINGLE second of every communication you have with your ex, regardless of if it’s in person, over the phone, screen shot every text message, EVERYTHING! We battled my looney ex for 10 years over her pettiness, and every time she took me to court, our attorney (female), totally ripped her to shreds with the assistance of the records we kept. I even won custody of my youngest son, who was 15 at the time, the other two of my sons were already over 18 or we would have got them too. I’ve walked out of the court room smiling no less than 6 times over the last decade due to keeping detailed accounts of all correspondence with the ex, and a female attorney that took a personal interest in our struggle. We actually go out to dinner with our attorney and her husband occasionally.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Well since you are a man and already at a disadvantage because the court is gonna look at you as the bad guy no matter what, I'd get a WOMAN who's a bulldog.

Your right more than not thats for sure!! Ideally that would be great female attorney. I am trying to find a good attorney without trial and error, at the exspense of me and my girls..

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Document everything, even after you find the right attorney. Keep a daily journal of EVERY SINGLE second of every communication you have with your ex, regardless of if it’s in person, over the phone, screen shot every text message, EVERYTHING! We battled my looney ex for 10 years over her pettiness, and every time she took me to court, our attorney (female), totally ripped her to shreds with the assistance of the records we kept. I even won custody of my youngest son, who was 15 at the time, the other two of my sons were already over 18 or we would have got them too. I’ve walked out of the court room smiling no less than 6 times over the last decade due to keeping detailed accounts of all correspondence with the ex, and a female attorney that took a personal interest in our struggle. We actually go out to dinner with our attorney and her husband occasionally.

I keep good notes, and records. I could do better but I have more and better than most. I am trying.....

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep...document everything.

Don't quit asking and trying to see them.

If you have court ordered visitation she is in contempt and they will get her. The bad thing is it does take a little time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you can't get a personal recommendation (sorry, not my area... or my area), I would go to:

https://www.martindale.com/

Then search for an "AV" rated attorney in the geographical area and area of the law you need. The rating is a peer rating where the attorney is reviewed by attorneys and judges and rated on legal ability and ethics. "AV" is the highest rating. In something like family law, there may also be client reviews. Martindale-Hubbell is probably the most respected attorney rating service.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can add nothing past never stop. Never. Those kids are all that really matters over anything.whats been posted so far is the best advice you can have.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Indiana is a "one party consent" state with regard to audio/visual recording, meaning that only one party needs to be aware of the recording, vs, say, IL, where both parties must be aware. There are small cameras and recorders that are (so I've, um, been told) available on sites such as ebay, which would provide the same function as a police body camera. There are also phone audio recorders. I'm sure you could work out a recorder for a cell. This may provide you with evidence of her behavior, attitude, and mannerisms, and recordings can be transcribed and entered as evidence.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Document everything, even after you find the right attorney. Keep a daily journal of EVERY SINGLE second of every communication you have with your ex, regardless of if it’s in person, over the phone, screen shot every text message, EVERYTHING!

This.

I keep good notes, and records. I could do better but I have more and better than most. I am trying.....

Keep trying. Try harder.

Yep...document everything.

Don't quit asking and trying to see them.

If you have court ordered visitation she is in contempt and they will get her. The bad thing is it does take a little time.

And this.

I can add nothing past never stop. Never. Those kids are all that really matters over anything.whats been posted so far is the best advice you can have.

Especially this.

Indiana is a "one party consent" state with regard to audio/visual recording, meaning that only one party needs to be aware of the recording, vs, say, IL, where both parties must be aware. There are small cameras and recorders that are (so I've, um, been told) available on sites such as ebay, which would provide the same function as a police body camera. There are also phone audio recorders. I'm sure you could work out a recorder for a cell. This may provide you with evidence of her behavior, attitude, and mannerisms, and recordings can be transcribed and entered as evidence.

And this. When I had problems with my son's mom refusing visitation, not allowing me to talk to him on the phone, etc. I recorded every conversation and gave them to his guardian ad litum when she was appointed. It was a slam dunk. It did take some time, but in the end I won. It did help that his mom had no control over her mouth. When the GAL started talking in court about the tape she said something like "When someone knows they are being recorded.." His mom burst out with "I knew I was being recorded" the GAL finished with "I was about to say they are usually on their best behavior, but what was on the recordings was the worst I have ever heard" I should have been asking for physical custody, but I was handling it myself without an attorney.

I did get custody later, but she tried to get it back. As said the courts tend to side with the mom, and almost did when she tried. And that was when I had multiple police reports of her being arrested for a variety of things, conversion via check fraud(she tried to cash someone else check with their ID at a store), hit and run, driving on a suspended license, and another thing or two I can't remember. When she didn't show up for something like the 3rd time because she was in jail across the street is when he finally dismissed the suit. The first two times the judge asked her mom if she knew where she was and the mom said she didn't know and asked for a continuance, I informed the judge where she was, judge granted the continuance. The third time he didn't.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Yes, to all the above :)

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I hope things go well. I am ans have documented alot. A whole alot! I have been researching doing it myself but I dont want to mess things up myself either bc I didnt do this or that correctly.

Thank you and everyone for their feed back!

Top Bottom