• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I really like the defender. I’ve dropped mine more than I can keep track of and no scratches or marks anywhere on the phone.

Also, if I’m going boating or fishing I usually switch my phone to the lifeproof cases since they’re waterproof. I hated otter boxes waterproof case.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I bought an Otterbox once

Made my phone at the time (Samsung) overheat and was a PITA to take off.

I think it was a Defender.

Was a huge waste of money IMO

I've been way happier with a Vivo for my iphone was was WAY cheaper than that otterbox

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Otterbox Commuter with a tempered glass screen protector. Not nearly as bulky and annoying as the defender. I use my phone all day every day for everything and it is still in mint condition after almost two years.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have the Defender. I know it has saved my phone more then once. I have used Otter boxes on the last 4 phones. I have yet to break a phone.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought an Otterbox once

Made my phone at the time (Samsung) overheat and was a PITA to take off.

I think it was a Defender.

Was a huge waste of money IMO

I've been way happier with a Vivo for my iphone was was WAY cheaper than that otterbox

Which model? I am using them on Note 2,3 and 5 and a S7. No issues.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Beware Amazon Otterbox Defenders that are too cheap to be true. They are.

LOTS of counterfeit cases. And they can cause trouble. We had some at work and it made the phones act wonky. Apparently they were molded shoddily and would cause buttons to prematurely press/hold causing bizarre behavior.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Beware Amazon Otterbox Defenders that are too cheap to be true. They are.

LOTS of counterfeit cases. And they can cause trouble. We had some at work and it made the phones act wonky. Apparently they were molded shoddily and would cause buttons to prematurely press/hold causing bizarre behavior.

This! My daughter bought a clone case that was a POS. I have always ponied up and bought them from where I bought the phone. They aren't cheap, but neither is the phone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This! My daughter bought a clone case that was a POS. I have always ponied up and bought them from where I bought the phone. They aren't cheap, but neither is the phone.

And Im not talking clones. Im talking bogus ones that supposedly were legit but were half price. Logo, packaging, manuals, etc. There is a website dedicated to telling the diff. And it was miniscule crap like what the exact pattern was on the back of the rubber, whether the ink colors on the box came together with no whitespace between, where exactly the tooling/batch markers were molded into the plastic and what shape the arrow was, etc. Without that guide you literally couldnt tell the diff.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Couple of Defenders on my last couple Samsung phones. The screen on the Note 4 wasn't very responsive with the Defender screen protector, so I've run without it. Bought a tempered glass protector, but never put it on. Phones have been dropped a few times with no issues.

I'll add that I do treat my expensive "belt computers" like they are just that.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    And Im not talking clones. Im talking bogus ones that supposedly were legit but were half price. Logo, packaging, manuals, etc. There is a website dedicated to telling the diff. And it was miniscule crap like what the exact pattern was on the back of the rubber, whether the ink colors on the box came together with no whitespace between, where exactly the tooling/batch markers were molded into the plastic and what shape the arrow was, etc. Without that guide you literally couldnt tell the diff.

She bought it at one of the local mall Kiosk's. It came in a poorly printed box. The case even said otter box. It was brittle plastic. Poorly fit. I think she paid 20 bucks for it. I think I paid $55 for the real one on my Note 5. I bought it at Sprint.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    I prefer Rockform. It adds a strong magnet to the back for holding the phone on things and a stick on magnet to mount in the car. Only downside is it blocks the wireless charging, but I don't use that anyways.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I love the defender cases, i bought extra glass for the note 5. It has survived multiple drops 15 ft or higher onto concrete. I have a note8 & the defender didn't come with screen protector, I have gotten one but haven't put it on yet. I do go through belt clips however.

Top Bottom