Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well what did ya think about the movie?
    It was just "ok" (lower case letters).
    Disney took some liberties on some of solo's background story. Borderline not right but passable.
    Think of when you just barely passed the math test with a C-.

Since the Post-Disney Era I would rank this one as #2 but way, way behind RougeOne.
    RougeOne, Solo, TFA, and that other one that does NOT get mentioned is how I would rank them in order of good to lets not talk about. Actually TFA is borderline in that same category but this post is NOT about those crap movies.

Lando was more believable then Solo in terms of acting.
    And he is one hell of a cheaper! :)

It took me a while to figure out where the girl actor was from. (ie. Sarah Conor from the last terminator movie).
    She was nice on the eyes. Solo always did like "pretty" girls.

The movie was a bit slow at times and did not really feel like a star war movie.
    I'm not sure how to write it. Sure I knew I was in the star wars universe but not really.
    Especially the scenes with the empire. Up to know when we have seen the empire its always been black/white with them. Stormtroopers are as white can be. Everything else about the empire is black or high contrast in color.
    This empire however has shades of grey and when they are actually in war it's a hot mess of not idea what is going on.
    It's not the empire troops we are use to seening or even how the comics show them (ie. think more like the roman legion where they moved as one unit). The battle we see Han in while with the Imperial Army is a hot, chaotic mess.

But sadly I can't get past that actor. He is NOT han solo. He may want to act like solo but he is not. Nor does he look like him. Anthony Ingruber is whom I would have picked but that is for another debate. On with the movie comments.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I thought it was very good. The guy that played Han Solo did a great job. Lando was spot on. I hope there will be another Solo movie.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well what did ya think about the movie?
    It was just "ok" (lower case letters).
    Disney took some liberties on some of solo's background story. Borderline not right but passable.
    Think of when you just barely passed the math test with a C-.

Since the Post-Disney Era I would rank this one as #2 but way, way behind RougeOne.
    RougeOne, Solo, TFA, and that other one that does NOT get mentioned is how I would rank them in order of good to lets not talk about. Actually TFA is borderline in that same category but this post is NOT about those crap movies.

Lando was more believable then Solo in terms of acting.
    And he is one hell of a cheaper! :)

It took me a while to figure out where the girl actor was from. (ie. Sarah Conor from the last terminator movie).
    She was nice on the eyes. Solo always did like "pretty" girls.

The movie was a bit slow at times and did not really feel like a star war movie.
    I'm not sure how to write it. Sure I knew I was in the star wars universe but not really.
    Especially the scenes with the empire. Up to know when we have seen the empire its always been black/white with them. Stormtroopers are as white can be. Everything else about the empire is black or high contrast in color.
    This empire however has shades of grey and when they are actually in war it's a hot mess of not idea what is going on.
    It's not the empire troops we are use to seening or even how the comics show them (ie. think more like the roman legion where they moved as one unit). The battle we see Han in while with the Imperial Army is a hot, chaotic mess.

But sadly I can't get past that actor. He is NOT han solo. He may want to act like solo but he is not. Nor does he look like him. Anthony Ingruber is whom I would have picked but that is for another debate. On with the movie comments.

Uh... Game of Thrones?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've found that I can't rely on other's opinions, ratings, or reviews.
    I seem to like what I like no matter what others feel or like. "The Force Awakens" I really enjoyed to get me back into the Star Wars series. I updated all my Star Wars movies to BluRay and a couple to 4K.
    I doubt I'll watch the Han Solo movie unless I run across a disc cheap at a later date.
    Thanks for the review though.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son and I enjoyed it. He is a huge star wars geek. Has watched both animated series and filled me in on various things after we saw it. He said the battle scenes were right on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My son and I enjoyed it. He is a huge star wars geek. Has watched both animated series and filled me in on various things after we saw it. He said the battle scenes were right on.

What did he think of "The Last Jedi?"

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We enjoyed it quite a bit. You couldn't have found a better Lando character than DG! It might have helped if Han displayed some of the characteristics that HF used in his portayal. We would have liked to have seen L3 live to fight another day and it would have been cool if the lead marauder chick had been an early version of a character from episodes 4 thru 6 but other than that looking forward to adding it to the collection.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I watched ROGUE (not rouge) One again the other day and when it was over I was like..this is truly THE best SW movie. I say this having watched New Hope 25 times or more since the week it came out in 77.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We enjoyed it quite a bit. You couldn't have found a better Lando character than DG! It might have helped if Han displayed some of the characteristics that HF used in his portayal. We would have liked to have seen L3 live to fight another day and it would have been cool if the lead marauder chick had been an early version of a character from episodes 4 thru 6 but other than that looking forward to adding it to the collection.

I watched a show about a week ago where Harrison Ford and the new Han actor were together on the show. I guess HF tutored the actor on the Han part.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I watched ROGUE (not rouge) One again the other day and when it was over I was like..this is truly THE best SW movie. I say this having watched New Hope 25 times or more since the week it came out in 77.

Both A New Hope and Rouge One are my two favorite Star Wars movies. Was very disappointed in TFA. Plan on seeing Solo tomorrow.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I liked it , but at the same time I also walked in knowing no one can really truly be a "Young Harrison Ford" because what makes HF so good is that no one else is like him at all. Disney is really working on weaving the new expanded universe into the movies which I appreciated as there are several cool "Easter Eggs" in the movie. As everyone else said Donald Glover Jr. KILLED IT as Lando! Definitely a good movie IMHO. And in case anyone wants to know my Star Wars Movie rankings

1: ESB
    2: RO
    3: ANH
    4: RotS
    5: SOLO
    6: TFA
    7: ROTJ
    8: CW
    9: PM
    10: TLJ

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    TLJ was definitely a disappointment, given that Disney is now at the helm it'll be interesting to see how far they can stretch the Star Wars connection into how many different directions chasing that elusive empirical buck.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    TLJ was definitely a disappointment, given that Disney is now at the helm it'll be interesting to see how far they can stretch the Star Wars connection into how many different directions chasing that elusive empirical buck.

dont blame disney for that. george wanted someone that could do that long after he died. he is getting that wish with disney

Top Bottom