• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    David Hogg didn't like that Publix groceries donated money to a conservative candidate, so he arranged a "die in."
    People laid down in the aisles of the store holding signs while he gave instructions using a bull horn. The signs and his comments mocked and derided the store. He basically bullied them into stopping all political contributions.
    If he bullies companies like this, what does he do to his fellow students with whom he doesn't agree.

I'd say David Hogg and his tactics are part of the problem of division and violence in the schools.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Its gonna come down to who can punch harder. The natural order must me restored.
    Cowards started using guns when they took away our fists.

David Hogg is a ***** (meow) just like most liberals

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Can't figure out how this has any effect. I know it is for image and in the end $$.

I would never knuckle under to an idiot, especially a childish brat brat, even if I agreed with him!!

If I agreed, we would have a wood shed session and he would learn the proper adult response.

Don

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Hogg should be thrown into a real hog pen and see how the real hogs treat him. This tw—p is your typical professional phony victim. My brain hurts when I see what he does and says. Ouch!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Scared of the media reprisals what else.

The deck is stacked. The game is rigged.
    Yep pretty much. You are dead on.
    Hell being falsely called "racist" nowadays is worse to some than ****ting their pants in public. It's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf. I imagine its gonna eventualy have the opposite effect and people may actualy have real racism to worry about.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep pretty much. You are dead on.
    Hell being falsely called "racist" nowadays is worse to some than ****ting their pants in public. It's getting to be like the boy who cried wolf. I imagine its gonna eventualy have the opposite effect and people may actualy have real racism to worry about.

How many times have we as a group been called NAZI's and Brown shirts for our beliefs or for voting for DJT.
    In my mind young Hogg should be wearing said brown shirt complete with the band on the arm for his actions. This is straight up Hitleresk.

If I want to put money into a politician of my choosing I will do so. To use these bully tactics because you do not agree is.....well.....you call it.

This POS needs to be shown a few things. But again, he has deep pocket backers. He has a complicit media in the wings and at the ready.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I saw a picture of that. It looked like there were already plenty of grapes on the floor waiting to be stepped on.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They're just following a proven play book. No matter what happens in the store, Publix loses. No matter what happens in the store, loudmouth bullies win. I look forward to the day when people say "enough!" to these tactics and start making things painful.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It is always a temptation to an armed and agile nation
    To call upon a neighbour and to say: --
    "We invaded you last night--we are quite prepared to fight,
    Unless you pay us cash to go away."

And that is called asking for Dane-geld,
    And the people who ask it explain
    That you've only to pay 'em the Dane-geld
    And then you'll get rid of the Dane!

It is always a temptation for a rich and lazy nation,
    To puff and look important and to say: --
    "Though we know we should defeat you, we have not the time to meet you.
    We will therefore pay you cash to go away."

And that is called paying the Dane-geld;
    But we've proved it again and again,
    That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld
    You never get rid of the Dane.

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,
    For fear they should succumb and go astray;
    So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,
    You will find it better policy to say: --

"We never pay any-one Dane-geld,
    No matter how trifling the cost;
    For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
    And the nation that pays it is lost!"

Don't give them an inch, don't compromise because they are not willing to. I am a huge believer in starting from a point of assuming that people act in good faith, and that reasoned arguments can pay dividends. David Hogg and his supporters have shown that they are not interested in honest discussion. They have an objective and a fanatic's desire to make that objective a reality.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Shakedowns of businesses are an old trick from Jesse Jackson's book. Having sympathetic big media helps, just like it helped Jesse for years. Ask the big question when this happens directly to the participants, how much are you getting paid and who's doing the paying. Exposing the paymasters and the self interest of the organizers shows up people like this kid for what they are.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    David Hogg didn't like that Publix groceries donated money to a conservative candidate, so he arranged a "die in."
    People laid down in the aisles of the store holding signs while he gave instructions using a bull horn. The signs and his comments mocked and derided the store. He basically bullied them into stopping all political contributions.
    If he bullies companies like this, what does he do to his fellow students with whom he doesn't agree.

I'd say David Hogg and his tactics are part of the problem of division and violence in the schools.

I read an article that gave the definition of extortion and asked how this is not.

What Is Extortion?
    Most states define extortion as the gaining of property or money by almost any kind of force, or threat of 1) violence, 2) property damage, 3) harm to reputation, or 4) unfavorable government action.

The definition seems to fit...

M

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    How many times have we as a group been called NAZI's and Brown shirts for our beliefs or for voting for DJT.
    In my mind young Hogg should be wearing said brown shirt complete with the band on the arm for his actions. This is straight up Hitleresk.

If I want to put money into a politician of my choosing I will do so. To use these bully tactics because you do not agree is.....well.....you call it.

This POS needs to be shown a few things. But again, he has deep pocket backers. He has a complicit media in the wings and at the ready.
    Well, Pigglet does seem to bear a remarkable resemblance around his eyes to Rudolf Hess.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Maybe qe ahould all stage a die in at Publix encouraging them to restart their donations? I personally am going to be writing a letter and when I vacation down in Florida next month, I will be buying my groceries from Publix and dropping another letter to them.

Top Bottom