That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They were making a lot of money from that show too. Roseanne is proof that sometimes your mouth outruns your brain. ABC is owned by Disney, so it's not surprising. Some one whose show was about to be cancelled is probably happy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Her stupid tweet just cost who knows how many dozen people their jobs. Nicely done, dumb ass.

Yeah, that's who I felt bad for. I can't imagine that she thought it was good idea to post what she did publicly. Sometimes, I write something, and then think "Kut, that's a bit over the top," and then change it. She was like "%$&# it" ....(send).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No... ABC cancelling her cost those jobs

should we start looking at how ABc/Disney employs at what they have said?

Sure, knock yourself out finding something comparable. Until then, let's not assume that she was doing something everybody at Disney/ABC does, but just got caught... because I see that some might try to spin it that way without providing proof.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yeah, that's who I felt bad for. I can't imagine that she thought it was good idea to post what she did publicly. Sometimes, I write something, and then think "Kut, that's a bit over the top," and then change it. She was like "%$&# it" ....(send).
    Yup, I'll have an emotional response to something I feel strong about and I type some long post or similar. I finish it up only to think to myself, "Self, is this a good idea?" I have found that if I feel the need to ask myself that, I go dark and not post ANYTHING. Works wonderfully at keeping me out of trouble. Roseanne did not.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IIRC, she was born in Iran to light-skinned African American parents. They did her DNA on that genealogy show and it came back that she has Euro ancestors, too (like many African Americans).

She has a fascinating family history.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. You knew at one time that an Obama aide’s parents were light-skinned?

how do you file that stuff away?
    I like that genealogy show (that I'm totally drawing a blank on... the PBS version of Who Do You Think You Are or something like that.) :) It either had pictures or made me curious.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    VJ is a Zoroastrian Dwarf.

Iranian-born to commie-leaning US "expatriate" parents.

Are you sure? It’s been a few years but I thought Obama was the one who surrounded himself with patriotic former military leaders and accomplished pro-capitalist business leaders?

and for the record yes, it was obviously a stupid thing to say. I am however excited to see the slew of firings coming now that ABC/Disney is suddenly pure

Top Bottom