• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My son (15) and daughter (25) are going on vacation. My daughter's last name is different than my son. Is there going to be an issue with him boarding the plane? Do I need to do anything? Any paperwork?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I wouldn't see why they would. Teenagers can fly unaccompanied and people have different names than their parents all the time. If it makes uou feel more comfortable, just type something up for her to take and put your contact info on it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My son (15) and daughter (25) are going on vacation. My daughter's last name is different than my son. Is there going to be an issue with him boarding the plane? Do I need to do anything? Any paperwork?

You might want to give her a medical release form for a minor for him (INGO lawyers will be around to say if it isn't needed, since she is related, etc, but I'd probably do one just to make things easier), but as others have said, I would not think anything would be needed for flying in the situation you describe.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As long as you are staying domestic, you should be OK.

The only time I would see you would need some type of documentation is if there is a serious problem (TSA, etc) where someone official would whip out "Well who the hell are YOU and why are you interfering with us?".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can call the airline to verify, but I don't think it's an issue with kids that old. It's more of an anti-human trafficking measure and kids that old can speak for themselves if their are under duress, etc.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If the child is a minor and you cannot prove sole custody, I believe you will need extra documentation to take them outside the country

Top Bottom