• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I service many ac units at work and the time of year is here again to check your condenser for cottonwood build up. Imagine on a hot day running about 10 miles and trying to breathe thru a couple of straws... close analogy. Do your self a favor and save yourself a service call and do it yourself . When the unit gets clogged your cooling will diminish and cause other equipment issues that will shorten the life of a unit.
    Shut off your unit at the breaker and get your garden hose and spray the cottonwood off. Go up and down in case you’re dealing with a lot of water pressure. I use a broom first and clean up the fluff balls.. it can be sucked back on the unit in some cases. Spray it off good and get yourself your beverage of choice consume and then turn it back on... easy peasy. Hope this helps Blessings. Tim

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I cleaned mine today and was surprised at the amount of cottonwood seeds on it. I think in most years May isn't as hot and my AC isn't usually running and sucking in those seeds.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom