• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Crazy... that guy seemed like he was livin' the life. Well, he was, but apparently that wasn't enough to tame his demons. RIP.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    IMll be honest, He struck my as a very grumpy guy. I didn’t understand why he got shows. Odd he hangs self a few days after Kate spade

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    He had that never-satisfied narcissistic personality that's very common in high end kitchens. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had an undisclosed illness (not counting addiction).

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Must just be the week of death. I had a friend take his life this week as well. One of the happiest go lucky guys I have ever known, he left behind 2 young daughters and his wife....been a sad week around here.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    IMll be honest, He struck my as a very grumpy guy. I didn’t understand why he got shows. Odd he hangs self a few days after Kate spade

He had that never-satisfied narcissistic personality that's very common in high end kitchens. Plus I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had an undisclosed illness (not counting addiction).

Agreed, he seemed like the kind of guy that could ruin any party, always grouchy and judging. Apparently very selfish too by committing suicide.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anthony Bourdain struck me as a REAL person. One who you always knew exactly what his opinion was, and would look you in the face and tell you the truth, even if he knew you wouldn't like it. For me, people like that, whether I agree with them or not, have my respect.

As for saying that he would kill trump. He was actually asked, by TMZ, what he would serve to Trump. He said "Hemlock." So, it gets kinda blurry there. One could said by serving hemlock, if the diner was reasonably educated and drank it, he would (particularly smart Greek guy) be knowingly offing himself (like Bourdain)... but in the case of Trump, who probably has no idea about the hemlock reference, I guess you could reasonably say that Bourdain was trying to kill him. :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That's my thought. He seemed like a, "burn out, not fade away" sort of guy.

I liked him, and am saddened by his death. His shows and his books were enjoyable and insightful. He seemed to actually care about understanding people and accepting differences (read his biography of Typhoid Mary).

As for the hemlock thing, I didn't hear of it, and I don't approve of it, but there's a lot worse things said by partisans on both sides.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just liberals being liberals...

Suicide is a liberal thing? You might get some pushback on that one.

WTF does suicide have to do with his political views? Why is every bad trait ascribed to liberals in your worldview, as if only liberals do stupid, evil, or in this case, selfish things?

If you want to pin this on atheism, well, that's at least a conversation starter.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    That's my thought. He seemed like a, "burn out, not fade away" sort of guy.

I liked him, and am saddened by his death. His shows and his books were enjoyable and insightful. He seemed to actually care about understanding people and accepting differences (read his biography of Typhoid Mary).

As for the hemlock thing, I didn't hear of it, and I don't approve of it, but there's a lot worse things said by partisans on both sides.

His episode where he spent a day with Ted Nugent was an excellent example.

Top Bottom